Will we be able to filter online rooms by tire restrictions?

United States
Indianapolis
BrandonW77
If I could filter out all the rooms using Racing tires and only show rooms restricted to Sports or Comfort tires it would DRAMATICALLY improve the usability of the open/public rooms. I don't want to run on racing tires but it's nearly impossible to find a room that isn't using them (requires lot of scrolling and clicking, eventually I give up). Will this be an option in the future?

Ideally I'd like it to be on the side menu, like SRF. A drop down menu where I can select "sports soft or less" or "comfort soft or less" and it would only show rooms with those tires.

A "yes" or "no" would suffice. 👍

Last edited:
If I could filter out all the rooms using Racing tires and only show rooms restricted to Sports or Comfort tires it would DRAMATICALLY improve the usability of the open/public rooms. I don't want to run on racing tires but it's nearly impossible to find a room that isn't using them (requires lot of scrolling and clicking, eventually I give up). Will this be an option in the future?
For this reason I dont like online racing. Every room is runing RS tires When you create your room on SS tires no one joins. Online waste of time.

For this reason I dont like online racing. Every room is runing RS tires When you create your room on SS tires no one joins. Online waste of time.

Exactly. And there are plenty of people out there look for rooms that use sport tires but it's so hard to find them that most of us don't bother. There are already lots of little icons showing what restrictions the room has, just add one for tires please! :)

Exactly. And there are plenty of people out there look for rooms that use sport tires but it's so hard to find them that most of us don't bother. There are already lots of little icons showing what restrictions the room has, just add one for tires please! :)
True, be able to see what tires in room before you enter.

I've wanted this for a while as well... both because it would make finding a room MUCH simpler and also because I've always had a completely unfounded suspicion that if we had been able to filter by tires right from the start of GT5, the entire community wouldn't have migrated quite so completely to RS-on-everything, and there would be more enjoyable rooms for those of us who like things a bit slippier(and perhaps more of the people who prefer that would have stayed).

Having the ability to at least see what the restrictions are added has been a great band-aid, but is still a time consuming process that it would be great to avoid.

I know the filter would be awesome, but you do not have to enter the room anymore, restrictions appear in popup screen now @BrandonW77 @z71L28

It doesnt show tires. Thats exactly what I want and Im' assuming BradonW77 would like this on the poup screen as well.

Yes. It's the only thing I really want to know about the room and it's also the only thing that doesn't show on the pop up.

But ideally I'd like it to be on the side menu, like SRF. A drop down menu where I can select "sports soft or less" or "comfort soft or less" and it would only show rooms with those tires.

My sports soft tire limited room fills most nights.

I like this idea, if I'm feeling lazy and don't want to start a lobby, it would be nice to sort by tire limit.

Yes. It's the only thing I really want to know about the room and it's also the only thing that doesn't show on the pop up.

But ideally I'd like it to be on the side menu, like SRF. A drop down menu where I can select "sports soft or less" or "comfort soft or less" and it would only show rooms with those tires.
It does show on the popup if the room is on less than racing softs. If it's Sports Hards it'll show it. What it won't show is Racing Softs because the game designates that as "no restriction" and the popup only shows restrictions.

It does show on the popup if the room is on less than racing softs. If it's Sports Hards it'll show it. What it won't show is Racing Softs because the game designates that as "no restriction" and the popup only shows restrictions.

That must be why I've never seen it, because every frickin room is on racing softs. :banghead:

Latest Posts

Back