Will we ever get more missions/events/championships?

• Thread starter KoupeKing
  • 13 comments

KoupeKing

(Banned)
England
England
I completed all missions in the summer, seems that section of the menus has been neglected with no updates at all since launch AFAIK. Some of them were fun as well and have always been a staple in GT games.
Likewise we all know career mode is trash for a GT game. If I were to buy the game now and play thru the career I guess it would just about be acceptable in its current state, but I bought the game months ago and have golded every event in it.
When will we get an update with a significant amount of endurance races, missions and some championship races (like the row of cups on the bottom of the events screen).
It must surely take a lot less development time to throw together some events Vs laser scanning and developing a whole new car which I'm sure not many players would choose over more events.
Every update thus far adds a handful of events which can be completed in less than 2 hours.

Last edited:
Nobody knows.

But I have a feeling that if PD continues at this rate of updates, nothing will change. We would only have a few more events, depending on the tracks and new cars that will be added.

If PD signaled that it would release a major update, something like Spec 2.0, dedicated exclusively to the PS5, I would say that it would be possible.

But my bet is that GT7 is already a ready-made game, purposely made to have a short market life, because it is a game that is brutally limited by the PS4.The PS5 is the future, and PD needs to break free of the PS4-GT7 chains.

Last edited:
I completed all missions in the summer, seems that section of the menus has been neglected with no updates at all since launch AFAIK.
The entire "The Human Comedy" section was added after launch, in update 1.11:

New single races are added in most content updates - there's 141 now - and although no new championship races have been added yet, they're not entirely unlikely as the existing ones are all menu books and new menu books are also being added in some content updates.

Last edited:
The last drag race mission implies it's the first of a series, so seemingly they planned at least one more set of missions. Who knows if that's still the case or the idea has been scrapped though.

Nobody knows.

But I have a feeling that if PD continues at this rate of updates, nothing will change. We would only have a few more events, depending on the tracks and new cars that will be added.

If PD signaled that it would release a major update, something like Spec 2.0, dedicated exclusively to the PS5, I would say that it would be possible.

But my bet is that GT7 is already a ready-made game, purposely made to have a short market life, because it is a game that is brutally limited by the PS4.The PS5 is the future, and PD needs to break free of the PS4-GT7 chains.
Sadly I think this is the most likely

I'm not buying the "the PSX is limited, the new PSX console games will be better" excuse because they already used that card with GT5 and GT6. My firm bet is that they simply don't want to make a Single Player mode like they used to.

i mean considering it's been more than a year and the international licenses are still useless as far as events go, i wouldn't get too excited.
I'm not buying the "the PSX is limited, the new PSX console games will be better" excuse because they already used that card with GT5 and GT6. My firm bet is that they simply don't want to make a Single Player mode like they used to.
what's really scummy about this is that they deliberately advertised this game as a next-gen analogue of GT4, with Kaz explicitly hyping up the single-player content. if that isn't blatantly false advertising i don't know what is

To answer the OP, I'm inclined to say yes. We know that 24h endurances are coming, and the last drag mission we have so far implies there are more like it to come. I think that some events from previous GT games could return as missions instead, such as "Like the Wind" - which is what happened to that event in GT Sport, for one example.

What I find interesting is that at the moment, the final championship in the game - the World GT Series Championship - only requires the National A license. As far as future championships go, I'd hope that they do indeed require the IB, IA, and S licenses. Here were my ideas as to what we could see:

IB
-Gr.2 Championship (Though I'd prefer to see this once we get more Gr.2 cars, especially the DTM racers from Aston Martin, AMG, and BMW. Maybe some late-90s GT1 cars, too, like the Porsche 911 GT1 that won the 1998 LM24, and the Nissan R390 GT1.)

IA
-Gr.1 Championship (Although maybe it could have a more specific focus - perhaps on Group C. Or possibly a combination of GTP/LMH cars once more get added beyond the Toyota GR010. There would absolutely have to be a round at both Le Mans and Daytona, though.)

S
-F1500T-A, likely featuring GP venues that haven't been in F1 lately, like Brands Hatch, Fuji, and the Nurburgring GP layout.
-Red Bull X2019 Competition, with venues featured in the FIAGTCs/GTWS, possibly alongside more modern GP venues like Interlagos, and of course, a round at the Red Bull Ring.

Then there's the factor of new events. We haven't seem to have gotten a new Bonus Menu in a while, so I think a new event would come alongside that. My personal hope is that we'll see a returning event from previous GT games, but re-interpreted with stuff like a possible limit on power/weight, and/or PP. (Perhaps we could see the return of the "Race of NA Sports", for example, as we already have an event solely for turbocharged machines.) As another poster mentioned, a Bonus Menu dedicated to the AE86 could be fun, but I also think a BRZ/86 event could similarly be amusing, as that would mean eligibility for six different cars, not counting the 86 GRMN, the 86 Gr.4, nor the BRZ GT300.

the menus has been neglected with no updates at all since launch AFAIK.
To give you an idea of how little content has been added post launch, we have only seen 7 new menu books since march last year (less than one per month at that rate. At the same time however we have seen 16 extra menus added which is hollow content IMO as it is simply asking us to collect cars without giving us any actual content in return.

Hopefully you are right about the game eventually branching off and focusing more on ps5 content. I think eventually they are going to have to cut the PS4 loose and focus more on ps5 updates. In a way they have already started to do so with the likes of Sophy, PSVR2 and 120Hz which the PS4 simply isnt strong enough to run..
I'm sure its not what the PS4 users want to hear but there's going to come a time where PD are going to have to move on from the older equipment so that they can achieve whatever it is they want to for the game (I'm trying to say that in the nicest possible way).

They can add all the events they want. Without a career mode, the game offline is shallow.

Last edited:
Back