Will we find out how many entries were there for GT Academy 2014?

I ran a long time in each of the first three events, and the numbers were over 400K for round 1, over 280K for round 2, and over 130K for round 3. Someone else did a slow run for round 4, and it was over 10K.

I ran a long time in each of the first three events, and the numbers were over 400K for round 1, over 280K for round 2, and over 130K for round 3. Someone else did a slow run for round 4, and it was over 10K.

If these figures are fairly accurate at the end of the event, that's quite a drop from the 1500K from last year. Could this be down to not being a "free demo"?

I'll do the check again later to make sure and get exact numbers, but, yeah, I imagine so. They wanted only those who are serious.

Okay, just checked. Final numbers:

Round 1: 411991
Round 2: 256915
Round 3: 148481
Round 4 (according to my friend): 105871, with the USA taking up 11627 of those numbers.

Quite a lot entered, and quite a few made it to the final round!

No surprise really that the numbers decrease, if you're not one of those 100 people with an actual shot of progressing in the event there is very little motivation to do them. There is no reward for the 99% except the free car in Rd4.

Cheers TRL. :cheers:

No surprise really that the numbers decrease, if you're not one of those 100 people with an actual shot of progressing in the event there is very little motivation to do them. There is no reward for the 99% except the free car in Rd4.

At least in 2012, a car was available for each round. Also short learning sectors leading up to the final test was more like an Academy.

Back