Will we see native Fanatec Wheel Support in future Gran Turismo games?

• Thread starter Illbill83
  • 5 comments
I suggest you rephrase your OP and the subject line into a question. This forum is for questions, not requests.

I am wondering if Thrustmaster and Mad Cats aren't lobbying SONY really hard for exclusivity rights on the low and high end on PS4. Plus, there's this little company called Microsoft. Who knows what they're up to, and they're... you know, monopoly...

That's a little conspiratorial, but nothing they haven't tried in the past. But that aside, it seems Logitech aren't interested in supporting their own wheels, for now. I hope that when these racing games hit PS4 that either most of our existing wheels are supported, or Thrustmaster makes a good DFGT-level wheel for $150 US street.

The support or lack therof for currently existing wheels in XBone or PS4 lies almost entirely with Sony and MS IMO. No wheel manufacturer, current or past, still in operation, would say no if either one of them showed up with a chequebook and said, "We need your drivers, how much?". We know MS won't be doing this or haven't so far, so that eliminates them from having me as a customer. Whether Sony steps up or not remains to be seen, but I would guess millions of sales are resting on backwards compatibility so this is much more important to Sony than the wheel manufacturers. Regardless, Sony has the juice to get it done, if they don't it's by choice and I won't buy a PS4 either if that's the case. My wheel is 6 months old, not 6 years.

Back