Will YAS MARINA CIRCUIT be added to Gran Turismo 7?

• Thread starter BrunusCL82
  • 26 comments
Brazil
Brazil
YAS MARINA will likely be added to Gran Turismo 7. These are images that were exhibited at the CEDEC 2022 event, through which PD producers showed their techniques for producing scenarios and content.

Sem título.png

In addition to Yas Marina, other circuits are being built by PD. Apparently there would be three urban circuits, of which I cannot identify the city.

027.jpg

Source: https://www.4gamer.net/games/512/G051215/20220826116/

Last edited:
What exactly is the context of these photos?
There is a game developer conference, CEDEC 2022, and at that conference developers for Gran Turismo were talking about how they do the scanning, photography and videography of each real and original track in game. During the real track discussion, a graphic was displayed (the one above) and in that picture is a track that we don't have in game.

They aren't circuit scans or models, otherwise I'd have written a whole separate article on it already. They're route traces from Google Maps/Earth (or similar) used to inspire terrain, topography, and circuit environments - note the similar white lines and arrows on the Yamagiwa map - for the "realistic" feeling of the original tracks.
Apparently there would be three urban circuits, of which I cannot identify the city.
They're all Tokyo, and again not circuit maps or models.

Tokyo Expressway is made of a number of real sections of Tokyo's motorway, knitted together out of sequence. These could be sources or inspirations.

Last edited:
They aren't circuit scans or models, otherwise I'd have written a whole separate article on it already. They're route traces from Google Maps/Earth (or similar) used to inspire terrain, topography, and circuit environments - note the similar white lines and arrows on the Yamagiwa map - for the "realistic" feeling of the original tracks.

They're all Tokyo, and again not circuit maps or models.

Tokyo Expressway is made of a number of real sections of Tokyo's motorway, knitted together out of sequence. These could be sources or inspirations.
It's curious that the PD especially chooses a circuit that's not (for now?) in the game to showcase their work. They could choose a circuit that is already in the game.

Anyway, let's see what happens.

It's curious that the PD especially chooses a circuit that's not (for now?) in the game to showcase their work. They could choose a circuit that is already in the game.

Anyway, let's see what happens.
Always good to have more circuits that are in F1 so maybe they will add it one day as I think many years down the line, they are interested in doing something with F1 if they have the budget and option to do it. It is an official publication so wouldn't call it leak images in the title. They were researching the real circuits Yas Marina and Suzuka in these slides of where things such as facilities are placed.

Slide29.PNG
Slide30.PNG

One of them is the Tokyo R246
Part of one of them is part of Tokyo R246, yes.

They use real-world circuits to research how to lay out their fictional ones.

Here's some relevant slide translations I made when writing the CEDEC piece:
1662570216420.png

1662570784578.png

Personally I would like more obscure, lesser known circuits.
I think Chang Int'l Circuit would be a cool addition.

I know that this isn't a wishlist thread but I just thought I'd give my two cents to that, before anyone wants to post something about it :P

So, if we start a kickstarter campaign and get PD to add a particular circuit to GT7, that would work?

Yas would be fun, as in RL, im waiting for the track days (which has been reduced crazily now) like owl missing the moon.

So, if we start a kickstarter campaign and get PD to add a particular circuit to GT7, that would work?
No. PD does what PD wants. Paying them any pitiful amount of money that would be raised with a kickstarter would not influence their opinion.

Also, way to ressurect a long dead thread....but good job not making a new pointless thread, so yay?

Can’t say no with 100% certainty, but I can say no with 99.99999% certainty. Even if you somehow raised enough money to pay for it, which is very unlikely, you still have a lot of other obstacles to overcome. Legal factors, the issue of them taking the time to do all that while still doing everything else Kaz wants done, when he wants done etc. So no, unless it’s something Kaz wants and has ability to do in the first place.

Back