Will you intentionally restart [new game] GT5?

  • Thread starter Thread starter RikkiGT-R
  • 10 comments
  • 3,641 views

RikkiGT-R

Premium
Messages
2,732
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Messages
RikkiGTR_NEW
Messages
IamValhalla
I remember the excitement of pressing [Delete] on my memory card on my PS2 and restarting GT3 and GT4. I did this a few times and enjoyed going through the game a different way. I would buy a different 'starter car' each time and pick a different race first etc; like a new adventure. On my third new game on GT4 I decided that the first thing I would do was get gold on all the licenses (and nothing more). This took me a few weeks to do but was incredibly liberating to have all those fantastic cars before even doing a single race, except for the bloody awful Ford Model T for golding the S license (what on Earth? How is that a reward?).

Anyway, I've completed most of the races on GT5 now and considered wiping my save and starting again. But then I thought "I actually can't be bothered..."

Is this because I've grown up and don't have enough time to dedicate to yet another go, or because the game really is a chore to grind through?

I know loads of people restarted the previous GTs a few times for pretty much the same reasons as me. Will you start again on GT5 by choice or have you done so already?
 
I'm nowhere near completing it once but no I can't see me wanting to start from scratch in this game like I have others.
 
I did this with GT3 and 4 after getting the fast cars ASAP just to try it (though I'd never delete the save, but my GT4 save was corrupted at 98.4% or something when I decided to go for 100% and I had to restart). Though I never got really far, it wasn't as fun as my main save.

GT5's events and leveling system are terrible however, so I doubt that it would happen again. Plus, online is so good, it would be a waste to not play online if I'm running GT5.
 
PD updating it, so... NO

yeah, this is the main problem with restarting in GT5. The game you restart can never be the same as the game you are abandoning. I restarted many many times in GT4 and each game had the same things you could do, just in a different order if you wanted to. GT5 however, because of the seasonal events and other periodic updates, is not reproducible. No two games in GT5are identical unless started within a week or so of each other.

That said, I have restarted 4-5 times in GT5 because I wanted to try different start game strategies and I enjoy the beginning of the game more than the end game. I mean once you have the FGT and/or X2010 the challenge is pretty much over...
 
Seems like a crazy thing to do. My PS3 will probably die, if I get to Level 40 on A-Spec and B-Spec and then decide to do it all over again. Will definately get even more bored as there is too much grinding necessary especially for B-Spec.

The only way I will do it again is if I create a new PSN account in the future with the GTP tag but I would most likely only level up A-Spec with Seasonal Events.
 
No need to restart - creating a separate user on the PS3 and starting a new game that way accomplishes the exact same thing but without losing any of your progress on your current game.
 
There's no point wiping it & starting again, just start the game again on another ID. I've done this on 2 other ID's as I really like the initial struggle of using low powered cars & being restricted with regard to money & tuning parts. By the way, I never grind & in GT3/GT4 I had 3 memory cards, each with GT game save data on them, hehe!


👍
 
No need to restart - creating a separate user on the PS3 and starting a new game that way accomplishes the exact same thing but without losing any of your progress on your current game.

I've never thought about this. Would I be right in saying that I could gift cars from one account to the other in order to win races (on the new account's game) without ever spending a penny on cars?

💡

I've mentioned before about being blissfully ignorant when it comes to things like this, but would using the exact same console from which to 'cheat' (let's be honest) like this be ok? I mean gifting cars from one account to another on the same console is obviously not going across the internet between friends... ;)
 
lol never, if it crashes and burns...to bad wont touch it again.
Game is to easy and just a grind, and I grind mostly to do some online stuff or just race some nice cars. And just want that platinum :P
 
Back