Willow Springs: certain track is missing ?

Netherlands
Netherlands
I am somewhat confused. I have driven online in sport mode multiple times on a track on Willow Springs. I thought it was called Big Willow. It is the famous track where after the last corner if you miss it you go off the track and can easily enter the pit which can be funny and there were some vids here on GT planet.

Now when I go to the trial mode and search for this track its not there. I have the Horse Thief Miles and the Willow Streets but those are not the tracks. The Big Willow is also there but it is a different lay-out and not the same as in the online sport mode.

I am thinking what the heck is going on ? Since I cannot figure it out I thought I’d ask you guys......

Where is that track ??

It is there and not a different layout.

Time Trial > Willow Springs International Raceway > Big Willow (first one)

and even if you are really confused and possibly getting confused with Horse Thief Mile or the Streets of Willow Springs, they are there next to Big Willow

No it has nothing to do with the update. It was there already some days ago but I did not post it because I thought my brain was kidding me.

I found the track online:

When I look at the track lay-out it is indeed the same track :banghead:

But why does my brain tell me and it feels like a different track ? Feeling pretty stupid now I can tell you. Looks like some brain damage lol.

Am I the only one that gets a different feeling here or could it just be the time setting of the day ? It could be where you start racing the track and your brain is letting you know it is a different track.

I think that once you play a track many times you get used to the braking points of the track and racing line. So your brain knows where to drive and when to brake and which line to hold. I think somehow I managed to drive this track with 2 different brakepoints and lines thus my brain thought there were 2 different tracks. Add the different times (morning clouds and sunny day) and the scenery looks also different.

So when I drove in sportline my brain thought it was track A and I drove it perfectly. In time trial somehow I did not recognize it and drove a complete different line thinking it was track B. And did not quit knew when to start braking in certain corners. So having more difficulties driving this (same) track. Cause indeed some corners are pretty variable here.

Man this is so crazy. All the time I was thinking about 2 tracks while it is the same track....

Last edited:
Back