Willow Springs Race Track

• Thread starter GRAFX21
  • 8 comments
Philippines
California
GRAFX21
Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has experienced a very bright glare top center of the car while driving with outside view. It seems very difficult to drive as I cant see where to turn on the track. I thought it was my T.V. but the settings were fine as is and even when I changed the settings it still occurred. Then I also thought it was the weather and the Sun angle producing glare but that was ridiculous and I know it cant be that.

Any useful feedback would be appreciated.

Cheers.

I think it might be the sun and the way the flares and reflection work in GT6, its much more pronounced than GT5. If anything just do what @LeadFootLiam said and memorize the track and driving line. I actually use the glare to take some pictures in photo mode.

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has experienced a very bright glare top center of the car while driving with outside view.

I have noticed this too. I find when you memorize the proper line on the track its not that bad.

@ GRAFX21: It can be blindingly bright at Willow Springs depending on time of day.
I used to live a few minutes away from it and have been there...
...but I have since moved to an even hotter desert. :crazy:

@ LeadFootLiam: I embedded a great video by an instructor at Willow Springs for Big Willow.
Take the time to watch it, and you will learn a thing or two about the lines.

In the video you will see a couple of turn-in landmarks (T9) that are not in GT6's Big Willow.
I think PD may have modeled the outer track periphery before mid-spring 2012. (11:50 mark)

PD did include the cone placement turn-in lines on the tarmac...
...but like the instructor says you are going to damn fast in real life to really use it for T9.
The lines are white in-game (probably for enhanced visibility), red in real life.

Big Willow Corner-by-Corner TT Instruction

Insane 5.0 Mustang Jump & Crash @ Willow Springs (Big Willow T8)

Running off the track in some places at Big Willow can be potentially hazardous to your health...
...unlike GT6. :sly:

And, here is another useful instructional video for the smaller, tighter Streets of Willow.

And if you lose it in the fish bowl on Streets of Willow you'll fly into the wild blue yonder...
...very doable in GT6 :lol:

Last edited:
I embedded a great video by an instructor at Willow Springs for Big Willow.
Take the time to watch it, and you will learn a thing or two about the lines.

This is one hell of a video - I'm sure I'll watch it another 20 times while driving (well, maybe alternating). I had the feeling Willow Spring's could be a great track, but started to hate these blind corners that are closing in on you.

Thank you very, very much.

Are there any other videos of GT6 tracks I should be aware of?

Are there any other videos of GT6 tracks I should be aware of?

Good way to find them is to do a search for "On Board" videos of a specific track on YouTube.
I found some good Bathurst videos that way.

I wish they included horse thief mile and balcony

I believe PD has hinted Horse Thief may be coming sometime in the future.
They said that they scanned the entire facility when they were out there.

Last edited:
Good way to find them is to do a search for "On Board" videos of a specific track on YouTube.
I found some good Bathurst videos that way.

I believe PD has hinted Horse Thief may be coming sometime in the future.
They said that they scanned the entire facility when they were out there.

Omg, drifting heaven

Back