Wind Noise

• Thread starter rronak95
  • 11 comments

Option to edit wind noise, tire sound, etc.

• Yes

Votes: 34 89.5%
  • No

Votes: 4 10.5%

• Total voters
United States
texas
boager
Gran Turismo 4 and Gran Turismo 5 Prologue both had wind noise, I'm sure those of you who have played both know what I am talking about. As you reach speeds over 100 MPH you can start to hear the wind "kick in". This feature was added in GT5 and removed, and added in GT6 in update 1.14. After update 1.20 this effect seems to have disappeared. I seriously don't understand why Polyphony is consistently adding and deleting this feature. Not only does the "wind noise" add a sense of speed, it allows racers to easily detect when they are drafting. Why can't this be a feature for gamers like it was in update 1.14? The bumper and interior camera had pronounced wind noise, and there was an option to remove it (by changing the Mic position on different viewpoints). Please bring this OPTION back for gamers who enjoy the effect instead of pointlessly removing it from the game. Anyone agree?

Definitely

The screen shake at high speeds was removed some time during one of GT5's early-ish updates. I remember those days. DAYUM was it intense. I would like that shake to return too (with a modulatorrrr). I'm in the minority on this one. Maybe if they changed the way vibrations are perceived, I would be serious about wanting some kind of visual cue to help with the sense of speed (seeing as how it's a camera in the driver's helmet).

They got wind noise absolutely spot on in GT5 Prologue (although I don't know which update was the best). Hearing the wind buffeting around the rear of the car on my 5.1 surround sound speakers was 100% realistic imo, as when I was in a real car going fast on the motorway here in the UK, I heard exactly the same sound & it reminded me of GT5 Prologue.

One of the problems with PD is that they don't seem to recognise when they've nailed something. They just go & redo it for the next game without thinking about whether this aspect or another is already working. Another problem they have is constantly fiddling with little things every other update, ruining them in the process.

PD are so dumb sometimes!

:dunce:

Last edited:
I would like to see an option where you can adjust the loudness of each sound. Skidding sound is much too loud, it gives to muchh the feeling of a arcade game.
Also an fully adjustable HUD, where you can turn on and off every single element of the hud, i want sometimes only see my laptimes, nothing else.... but it will never happen, PD is to lazy to add tiny features that would be very helpfull for the gamers to increase the fun with GT6....

Its already adjustable? There are different views with different sounds. The cockpit one has wind noise.
Polyphony gave that option to us a few updates back... The recent update has removed wind and I believe the tire sounds may have been adjusted.

Polyphony gave that option to us a few updates back... The recent update has removed wind and I believe the tire sounds may have been adjusted.

The wind sound is still there. Perhaps it's not as loud as it used to be though.

Latest Posts

Back