Wind!

• Thread starter LoudMusic
  • 5 comments
United States
Everywhere
I was on my way to work this morning, taking the interstate, traveling about 80mph I noticed LOTS of wind sheer and car motion. I glanced over at a large USA flag along the trip and it was standing out almost a full rectangle. The wind was probably blowing in the 20mph range.

We've had threads on rain, snow, dust ... the like. But has anyone mentioned wind? They could have variable wind speed and direction and I believe it would be easy to apply to any course. Essentially it would be a modified gravity / downforce equation that is variable ... nearly as I can tell. And gusts would be very interesting with a force feedback wheel.

And with the rain and dust it would be interesting to see dust clouds rolling across the track and wind flurries coming up the hood.

That would certainly make the desert rally races much more interactive. Especially on a track with a large hairpin. Dust from your previous corner blowing across the next one... (tahiti maze)

AO

That would affect drafting techniques too. I like it, but it would have to be subtle changes, the effects of the wind shouldn't have any major effect on a race.

Agreed. Some nice light shifts in handling would keep it interesting and add a touch of realism. There would also need to be wind-socks along the course, or some headsup display to show the driver what the wind is doing.

ah indeed wind would be great making the car shift to the side (at high winds) ah very REAL =D along with rain snow mud dirt u name it

Back