Windows 11

• Thread starter Saidur_Ali
  • 6 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Introducing Windows 11
WIN_Start_GenZ_Light_16x10_en-US-1024x640.png

Hmm.

I guess I had better prepare for this, my current laptop battery is 'dead' so I will have to replace the machine at some point as battery replacement not really a viable option.

The layout looks 'alright', can't say I am won over by the screenshot with the position of everything on the taskbar but I guess that will have changes over the system's lifespan.

Plus need to see how third party applications/older software copes with it since I have age old software.

I have 2 PCs and 4 laptops in the house. Only 1 of them is supported so to be honest Windows 11 is a bit meh for me.

The most shocking is that my 2018 Surface Pro 5 is not supported for Windows 11. 🙄

I'm not really sure why they're bothering with another Windows version. I suppose I'll have to check out the updates. Every time I've read about it so far, I've lost the will to live while the author bangs on about TPM, and have never actually found out what the additional functionality is...

Hmm.

I guess I had better prepare for this, my current laptop battery is 'dead' so I will have to replace the machine at some point as battery replacement not really a viable option.

The layout looks 'alright', can't say I am won over by the screenshot with the position of everything on the taskbar but I guess that will have changes over the system's lifespan.

Plus need to see how third party applications/older software copes with it since I have age old software.
If you like the look of the desktop try Ubuntu with Gnome4
gnome402.jpg

Last edited:
Microsoft is really keeping the streak of "just skip every other Windows version" alive.
I made that same statement over in the "Windows... 10?!?" thread!

Last edited:
Back