Windscreen wipers...

• Thread starter cal1608h
  • 17 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hi all, bit of a random one here...

Does anyone know if windscreen wipers have been operational in game since release? Was just watching a video from one of the Nations Cup races and a lot of players were demonstrating them on the starting grid.

Just seems a bit odd that they’ve only just been added if that is the case. Don’t like to speculate here but you can guess what a lot of people will think... maybe they will add wet weather and snow conditions after the conclusion of this FIA series?

Does anyone know if windscreen wipers have been operational in game since release? Was just watching a video from one of the Nations Cup races and a lot of players were demonstrating them on the starting grid.

Just seems a bit odd that they’ve only just been added if that is the case. Don’t like to speculate here but you can guess what a lot of people will think... maybe they will add wet weather and snow conditions after the conclusion of this FIA series?

They are functional. You just can’t set a button for them on your wheel. Well... Unless the last update changed it.

If I recall correctly, in one of the license tests or driving missions, the wipers are functional in a wet gymkhana course featuring Gr.B cars.

Wipers, horn, nitro... those buttons are presented on any of the wheel setups that have more buttons (like G29) but were unusable, seems that has changed, at least for wipers.

Maybe new update will bring something new :)

Wipers, horn, nitro... those buttons are presented on any of the wheel setups that have more buttons (like G29) but were unusable, seems that has changed, at least for wipers.

Maybe new update will bring something new :)
Wipers have been functional since the closed beta, only with a wheel though :)

What's funny is that Mazda RX7's wipers don't work.

Thanks for your replies everyone. Perhaps I was trying to read too much into it :D I’m using a T300 so I’ll give it a go when I switch on later.

Just switched on and no option on the Thrustmaster T300. Guess it must be on a select few wheels. Not sure what the sort of percentages of people that use Fanatec/TM/Logitech are.

Will just have to keep an eye on the updates I guess. Planning to upgrade to Fanatec when Black Friday comes around (or possibly the direct drive wheel when it is released, not decided yet).

You have the link to the video?

Yes, that's what I use.

Okay thanks man because Im also planning on getting the F1 wheel add on soon for my T300. I actually planned on waiting if any new wheel add ons would come but just no news at all.

I honestly expected the Ferrari 488 Challenge to be an add on but its PC only.

You can map a button for the wippers on any wheel or the controller since launch of the game..

PD once said months ago that the rain will come as "fixed climate"...

The game has even inter Tyre and full wet Tyre..

But when will come the rain as selectable option on tracks?...

1-The community and b-spec came after 12 months since launch of GT6
2-the custom track editor came after 24 months since launch of GT6

Both things announced and presented before the launch of GT6 .. And they came quite different as they were announced and presented .

So we can expect the rain in the first anniversary of the GTS? The second? Or it will never come as lots of things that where announced and promised for others games (interiors of vision GT in GT6, sound upgrades for GT6, FIA TV mode for sport mode, special events in sport mode,championships in sport mode as "polyphony cup", ability to achieve a real racing license..., all visión GT cars in GT6... And so on)

Only Kaz and PD studios now the future (or they now either ? :D)

You cannot assign those to any key except to those that already are... don't understand why.

Anyone with wheels that have assigned these keys, can you test out if horn works? I'm using G29 and have no option for this...

Just wondering...

Last edited:
Back