Windshield Droplets and GT7... pic heavy

• Thread starter SkyHigh
  • 2 comments
Brazil
Brazil
So, as we have learned, it seems Weather systems are going to be a much bigger feature on GT7. Recently, I have noticed an oddity with the GTSport rain effects/textures. As pointed out by another user which I forgot the username, some cars have a bugged rain texture.

I have studied my cars (195 cars) and came to the conclusion that there are two Rain Droplet models: the better one is physics-based (goes up when fast and sideways when sliding), has a higher quantity of droplets, features droplet accumulation and resembles Gran Turismo 5, albeit much higher resolution. The other one resembles GT6, has fewer droplets and lacks any physics to it. (remember standard and premium? lol joke it´s just a bug)

Here´s how the better model looks: (Similar to GT5)
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20220210195706.jpg

Gran Turismo®SPORT_20220210204125.jpg

Here´s how the worse model looks: (Similar to GT6)
Gran Turismo®SPORT_20220210203101.jpg

I haven't noticed any reason for it to be this way. Testing roadsters gives varied results, VGT cars vary too, even the same car can vary thru it's versions. I made a list of the cars that lack the physics-based rain rendering:

• Mclaren 650s road car (the GR.4 has the better droplets)
  • Audi R8 4.2
  • BMW Z8
  • Chevy Corvette C2 63'
  • Citroen DS3
  • Daihatsu Copen
  • DeTomaso Pantera
  • Dodge Viper 06'
  • Ford GT 06'
  • Jaguar E-Type
  • Mazda Eunos Roadster
  • Mini Cooper 65'
  • Mitsubishi Lancer '15
  • Nissan Skyline R34
  • Nissan Skyline R33
  • Porsche 911 '09
  • Toyota SFR '15
  • Toyota 2000GT
  • Volkswagen Sambabus.

It´s a small list, but I haven´t tested these cars yet:

• Ford GT'17
  • Ford GT40
  • Fittipaldi Motors
  • Shelby Daytona
  • Aston Martin DB11
  • Aston Martin One 77
  • Ruf CTR3
  • Porsche RS CS
  • Alpine A110 old and new
  • Bugatti Veyron
  • Alfa Romeo Mito
  • Alfa Romeo 4C
  • Ferrari 512BB
  • Ferrari Dino
  • Ferrari 356 GTO
  • Ferrari GTO
  • Ferrari F50
  • Ferrari 250
  • Lamborghini Aventador and SV
  • Lamborghini Miura
  • Maserati GT
  • Pagani Zonda R
  • Pagani Huayra
  • Toyota FT1
  • Mazda RX500
  • Chevy Nova

Do you think they will fix this? Maybe making all of them at the same standard now - It's probably related to the car model, and I'm curious to test it on GT7, because IMO, the physics-based windshield looks much better, and makes rain that much more immersive.

Last edited:
On GT 7, I do believe this is gonna be fixed, all cars should have the same windshield rain effect. But on GT Sport it's never gonna be changed, unfortunately.

By the way, initially all the cars on GT Sport had only the less detailed rain effect. Some time later, in an update, PD improved the effect to that one with more rain droplets. But I don't know why, they forgot to change the effect on a few cars. That's why there are those 2 different effects in GTS.

Last edited:
Pic heavy? I see only three pics.

I hope we get GT5 launch quality back, but obviously in higher res.

Back