Winged Road Racers

• Thread starter superfast
  • 54 comments
JTSnooks
I think the list is just supposed to be for cars that you can't get downforce on. Makes no sense to put a wing on a car if it already has downforce :dunce:
Actually, it can increase available downforce...Like, with the Tommy Kaira ZZII, it comes stock with 25/35 max downforce (I think), and a wing will upgrade it to 55/65. The Cien also does that I think

Sven
Actually, it can increase available downforce...Like, with the Tommy Kaira ZZII, it comes stock with 25/35 max downforce (I think), and a wing will upgrade it to 55/65. The Cien also does that I think

I'm pretty sure that stock, the ZZII doesn't have any downforce. However, I have noticed that while most cars get a maximum of 30/30 when you put a wing on, others, such as the ZZII, the Cien, can get even more downforce.

JTSnooks
Don't some of the cars on the list have downforce available on them? You can't buy a wing for them, but I think some of them have downforce stock...not sure though. Some of the tuner cars and maybe one of the Chapparals?

Yea I'm sure the Opera S2000 can put up to 30 points of downforce on both front and rear with the stock wing.

The Auto Union can't have a wing, i know it's a special car, but so is the Caterham Fireblade, and that's been put on. Infact, I don't think any special car's can have a wing.

💡 why would you want to put a wing on some of those cars a it wouldn't help some of them that much and b most road cars with wings look foolish ie the 65 alfa that would be wrong:crazy:

solardrive
💡 why would you want to put a wing on some of those cars, a it wouldn't help some of them that much
Yes it does, it allows you to add much needed downforce, something that greatly increases your car's track potential.

and b most road cars with wings look foolish ie the 65 alfa that would be wrong:crazy:
Agreed, but form should always follow function in motorsport.

Amen to that, Live4Speed. I'll add the Auto Union. What other special cars cannot have a wing?

Hang on-what is the official name of the Auto Union as it is posted in the game?

@Superfast

I'm going to make this quite plain and simple for you.

You have a history of double or triple posting (numerous examples in this thread alone).

If you do it one more time you will get a strike for it, get three and you are out.

I know that you can use the edit button, so use it.

On top of that you seem to have posted here simply to bump up the thread, as such you have added nothing new or of value to the thread. Please do not do this.

Regards

Scaff

This may seem odd after Scaff's post, but I was about to say thanks for bumping this thread as I would not have seen it otherwise.

In further defense of superfast, it also appears that after each bump, new cars were found so at least so far keeping the thread active has helped add to the accuracy of the list.

I can see how this list could be useful for many.. so +REP from me.

Nice job all.

ADDED:
superfast
What other special cars cannot have a wing?
All of them.

Scaff
@Superfast

I'm going to make this quite plain and simple for you.

You have a history of double or triple posting (numerous examples in this thread alone).

If you do it one more time you will get a strike for it, get three and you are out.

I know that you can use the edit button, so use it.

On top of that you seem to have posted here simply to bump up the thread, as such you have added nothing new or of value to the thread. Please do not do this.

Regards

Scaff

Thanks for the heads-up. I will not double-post anymore. However, I obviously recieve no personal gain for bumping. My primary concern is making sure this thread is seen (notice it is also in my sig) so that members can make use of it..

Digital-Nitrate
This may seem odd after Scaff's post, but I was about to say thanks for bumping this thread as I would not have seen it otherwise.

In further defense of superfast, it also appears that after each bump, new cars were found so at least so far keeping the thread active has helped add to the accuracy of the list.

I can see how this list could be useful for many.. so +REP from me.

Nice job all.

Thanks for the kind words, Digital-Nitrate. I too believed that bumping would increase odds of people finding this (so I think) useful thread. I'd appreciate it if maybe you guys could periodically post so that the thread doesn't fall out of the mix. Thanks so much for the support.

3-Wheel Drive
All racecars

Yes, you're right, but why put on the list a car which already has downforce (and a wing)?

Back