• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 0 comments

JohnBM01

20 years!
Premium
United States
Houston, Texas, USA
JMarine25
With the majority of championships being decided in most racing series around the world, I figured I'd give you a chance to share your opinions in the Drifting and Other Motorsports. In this topic, I want you to talk about what it's like to be a champion, much less a race winner.

A lot of times, we like to talk about doing what it takes to win races and eventually championships. But this time, kind of think of what winning a championship or honor is like. Think of the late Dale Earnhardt winning seven championships, John Force winning 13 Funny Car titles, Sebastien Loeb winning for Citroen and the overall title, and all of the most recent and past champions. If you ask me, when you win a championship, you feeel pretty damn good. You've endured Hell and high water, yet you and your team came out strong. The year after, you want to do it all again and perform your butt off until you can't drive a race car anymore. From a team standpoint, the morale increases greatly. Teams feel more confident and have a better understanding on how to win races. From a fan standpoint, the fan has a sense as to who to call the champ. If the racing fan is very open to who wins overall, he/she will appreciate the efforts of the winning racer and race team and congratulate them. And the racer's life? Think about it. You fought hard and brought home some hardware. You want to party in your underwear all night long! You feel so energetic and have tangible proof that you are a sensational racer.

GTPlanet, to make a long story short... imagine from as many perspectives as possible what it is like to win a championship. Think about driver, team, the race fans, a driver's life, and maybe even the sanctioning body. So give it a try already!

Back