winning using exploit

• Thread starter sucahyo
  • 7 comments
What exploit that you usually use to win a race?

exploit that I know:
  • tranny trick, to make short gear
  • ride height, lower front has faster acceleration (GT2 only)
  • spring rate, harder stick to the road better (GT4 too, unrealistic?)
  • downforce, high downforce do not reduce speed much
  • fixed auto trans, auto transmission always shift before redline, so by using manual transmission we can have more time at juicy rpm than the AI opponent. AI with the same car will have slower acceleration than us.
  • not smart enough AI, AI too carefull when cornering, except when get left behind too much where the AI do "very late braking to lean on us, and thrown to grass when they can't reach us" method. using normal tire make the AI even more scared at corner

I currently use spring rate, downforce and normal tire exploit extensively to win manufacturer race or other. Curently trying to beat world cup with 206 rally.

Exploit that I know:

• Set the gearing between 15-25 (depending on the car and track)
  • Ride height - 10-15mm above the minimum ride height
  • Full downforce
  • Soften up the srping rate a bit

...taht's all I think.

The AI brakes too early (or too late) for tight corners. Great way to make up time at places like Trial Mountain, Rome Circuit, Grindelwald, etc.

The AI seems to have perfect tranny setups in many cases; the AI doesn't seem to adjust the transmission settings in GT3 or GT4 for some reason, so tuning the transmission has always been the best way to make up for a slow car in any GT game.

Cosmic
Exploit that I know:

• Set the gearing between 15-25 (depending on the car and track)
  • Ride height - 10-15mm above the minimum ride height
  • Full downforce
  • Soften up the srping rate a bit

...taht's all I think.
I am slower with softer spring rate somehow, so I end up with very high value (16 average, I love NTSC version :)). Auto 20 is the max I use.

Pupik
The AI brakes too early (or too late) for tight corners. Great way to make up time at places like Trial Mountain, Rome Circuit, Grindelwald, etc.
And they corner slower than us too. I hate it when the AI overtook me in straight and blocking my way when cornering (like GT40 and GT-ONE), avoiding them mess up planned angle :ouch:.

Pupik
The AI seems to have perfect tranny setups in many cases; the AI doesn't seem to adjust the transmission settings in GT3 or GT4 for some reason, so tuning the transmission has always been the best way to make up for a slow car in any GT game.
yes. right gearing really help, even against people :).

As you know (Sucahyo) it's all on my website. I try and play by the rules and try never to give too much power. If I'm too fast, I'll even start my game over. If I have an opportunity to pass another car but in doing so I'll wind up smacking them, I'll hold back till another opportunity shows up--this is what real-life car racers do. :) But you know all that. I wish more newbs would show up here so us old dawgs can teach them some new tricks :)

Last edited:
Yeah.
I am glad GT2 tuning is complex, there always a thing or two that can be learn everytime, that I end up changing the way I tune every two month....
Fast on straight before, fast on corner now :).

sucahyo
Yeah.
I am glad GT2 tuning is complex, there always a thing or two that can be learn everytime, that I end up changing the way I tune every two month....
Fast on straight before, fast on corner now :).

I look at the way I used to tune a year ago and it's different from now. And then I look at the way I tuned cars in late 2003/ 2004 when I was new to GT...it's radically different! That's an idea: I should post a car that I drive now and compare it to the way I drove 2 years ago! I think my older settings were more prone towards understeer...especially in FR cars.

Last edited:
Parnelli Bone
Yup, i look at the way i used to tune a year ago and it's different from now. And then i look at the way i tuned cars in late 2003/ 2004 when i was new to gT...it's radically different! Tha'ts an idea: i should post a car that i drive now and compare it to the way i drove 2 years ago! I think my older settings were more prone towards understeer...especially in FR cars.
this make me want to drive my old setting again ........
I put all the old setup vs setup setting in here, just in case:
http://gt.cellphonespec.com/forum/leaderboard.php?lid=76

Back