Wish Front Aero part added downforce?

Messages
1,735
United States
Orlando FL
Messages
MontalvoMC
Messages
MontalvoMC
I wanted to see how many people think that the description in GT Auto was correct.

It claims that adding aero part will create downforce but this applies to the front of some cars(ex McLaren F1 25 front downforce) and wings added. I do understand the fact that standards would lack frond downforce due to the lack if front aero upgrade but there are standards that have adjustable front aero like the R390 road car and Cien.

Maybe PD could make a generic Front Lip for all standards and Premiums for some adjustable front aero. This will allow our street cars to be more competive. Seeing race cars only dominate because their downforce.

I'm sure that the wing we add to the back of our cars are the same size and weight as some race cars but they only produce 20 "points" of downforce. I don't care if the front aero goes only up to 15 that's is honestly all I née to keep the nose down on my F40 on the bumps at the ring. I'm sorry if this post is out of place I want to know your view on this please discuss your opinions.
 
Personally I'm really not an aero type of racer. I think they look ricey (mostly all the aftermarket rear wings) and weakens the visual appeal of the car. From a tuners aspect I believe proper tuning will reduce the negative characteristics of the car and strengthen the positive ones. That said, each car has a particular handicap which needs to be addressed ( be it over/under steer ) but your ability to race the car with the understanding of these weaknesses should educate you and form a respect for them. All of these added aero parts be it for looks or performance IMO try to eliminate and/or conceal these aspects, so I don't do them. As for making them avail on standard cars my feelings are one in the same.
 
I feel what your say but half way I have plenty of cars stock or close to stock keep the original feel but when you want to see what you can get out of your favorite car. I wish I had just a hint (like 5-15 points)more front downforce just keep the nose planted on the ground that's my one and only reason I with they had something for front aero parts.
 
I really wish that the front aero does deliver downforce up front....

Performance>Looks


another expectation that doesn't even exceeded...Great work Kaz....
 
Personally I'm really not an aero type of racer. I think they look ricey (mostly all the aftermarket rear wings) and weakens the visual appeal of the car. From a tuners aspect I believe proper tuning will reduce the negative characteristics of the car and strengthen the positive ones. That said, each car has a particular handicap which needs to be addressed ( be it over/under steer ) but your ability to race the car with the understanding of these weaknesses should educate you and form a respect for them. All of these added aero parts be it for looks or performance IMO try to eliminate and/or conceal these aspects, so I don't do them. As for making them avail on standard cars my feelings are one in the same.

I see what you're saying but...
Why have race mod cars if you want a stock feel? Obviously a lot of cars are far more fun to drive when they're stock as opposed to tuned but there are plenty that don't fall into that category. The point of any type of customization is to make it look or behave like you want. I'm all for just grabbing a car and seeing what you can do in it but sometimes I just wish it would do things differently. The current aero parts (excluding the rear wing) only actually do anything on a couple cars. A lot of the time, the aero parts are just a couple fins or pieces of carbon fiber. These look really ugly on most cars I think. What's the point of putting them on if they don't contribute something to the performance? Front, rear, extension, wing yet my car will sit there with only 15 -20 downforce on the rear. You may say "Well don't use them" but they're already in the game, they should do something.
 
Cataclism0
Aero is really messed up, why is the ACR's so low?

I agree I know the Viper sucks the road I thing can hardly get past 170mph because of the downforce in this game those I can hit around 190 stock which isn't possible with the real one unless you removed the wing of course.
 
Back