With 1.23 & 1.24 I got my GT back !

France
France
Hello to everyone on GTPlanet I wish you a good day.
Sorry it has been a while as I 've been reading you guys over the forums here at GTPlanet for a long time and I 've just wanted to share my joy with this wonderful comunity today!
As a soon 30 yo it has been a while I've been playing the GT franchise, well since the first I must say and oh boy what a ride!
Through highs and lows it has been a bumpy one and will continue to I hope,
But what the matter will you say?
Well let's start like this.

GTS was a huge left off for me but not because of the lack of tracks/cars/contents, dynamic this dynamic that, online here local there; but it was in terms of driving sensation.
At first we all have this sort of time of adaptation to get along with the game's new physics or should I say "sensitivity" as "racing" pretty much stay the same whatever game you play. A good approach speed & apex will get you along the well known corners of the Nürburgring safe on your first drive or should.
Damn I was excited at demo or should I say beta lauch of GTS; excited to switch on my specificly new bought PS4 pro an put it into good racing use.
Well as I was certainly not disapointed with the new physic ( gravel, various track surface, body/weight ratio and so on...) there was something odd with grip but I could not get what.
After all those hours played on pad ( as usual for me) from GT1 to GTS I could not be as good as I've felt on previous iteration (off and online),
Now I sense that the term "good" will not be understood here? Correctly I should say "competitive" unstead,
How's that ?
Well, to put it simply, in terms of time window between the poles in GTS and me. There was always pretty much 5-6 seconds between me and the top 10 leaderboard in a daily race and same was with the pole winner in each matchmaking. I've been close to be pole n°1 on less than five occasions. Time margin was always huge even in one make.
But it was before today, I will share later my game status (which is StiFex on the PSN) and pad setting for those curious or supicious, but after just using my good old partner aka the NISSAN GT-R gt3 team schulze on the 1.24v it was a revelation!
Yes my own body/finger driving skills were back!

Yes after first try without racing quali I've managed a poor 1.39.??? but oh boy I was deligthed even so I finished last and lost my C/S to a D/S.
But why ? Because GT was back for me.
Yes next course Daily Interlagos group 3 I launch the quali before matchmaking and set a 1.35.??? on first lap and cannot catch my ghost for 3 more laps before to go...
Matchmaking start and sort me n°3, well that's new for me or "D" I thaught.
I remember thinking "oh boy it's gonna be n°3 DR D and interlagos turn 1" so I am sweating a lot even thought the warm weather is no more in Paris...
But what a race !
I ended up Podium 2nd place and best time lap at 1.34.412 .

In the end, a part to share my overhelming joy here with you all, I wanted to say that yes GTS seems no more broken for "me" with 1.24 thanks to new tire system and other changes.

SO to conclude please if you have been a long time GT driver using pad and frustrated with your times and position please give it a go once more you may end up like me: happy.

PS: sorry for sounding too much ;-) as most of you will say "good for you D boy..." but I assure you you could not think less of me so be fair please.

See you online.

Welcome to GT Planet! I'm glad you like the new tyre model & are enjoying Gran Turismo again. Happy racing!

:cheers:

Back