With 80 car makers, gt4 should have more than 500 cars

• Thread starter cobragt
  • 20 comments
I'm thinking 700-800. 80 auto makers is alot, ALOT!!!! I really can't see how Lambo, or Mclaren can be missed, 80!!! Then again, there will be auto makers in gt4 that dont exist. I expect to see alot of variety and I will. What do you all think?

A lot, not alot.

Yes i agree. 500 doesn't seem quite right. However you should stop tormenting yourself and just sit back and think about the more important things in life.

Originally posted by donbenni
A lot, not alot.

Yes i agree. 500 doesn't seem quite right. However you should stop tormenting yourself and just sit back and think about the more important things in life.

Yea, that is a good idea, worry about other things.

Cheez-and-rice! The game isn't even out yet, and when you guys aren't pissing about that, you're moaning about what isn't going to be in it!

Give it up already. Just wait and see. It's going to have flaws, I guarantee it. But it's still going to be amazing.

Amen. GT5 is just too much of a holdover game, no innovation at all. Woo, shinier graphics, I didn't think that was possible. Bring on GT6.

As for more important things in life... uh... url?

From what everyone keeps quoting GT4 is meant to have more cars than any GT game to date, which should mean over 600 or so, because GT2 had 590 something, look around, it got mentioned a few times.

I'm not going to go on a bashing spree, but since the game hasn't come out, let me ask you this as a "challenge."

Fill in the blank.
"Gran Turismo 4 will feature more than 500 cars, ___, to be exact."

However you should stop tormenting yourself and just sit back and think about the more important things in life.

GT4 is the most important thing in life!!!!!

Yup I'm that sad.....lol

The wife comes a close second, but while she's good for a 10 or 15 lapper, I'm finding 2 hour endurance sessions with her a bit much at the age of 38.....ROFL:lol:

Originally posted by cobragt
Then again, there will be auto makers in gt4 that dont exist.

What do you mean by that?..... I thought all cars in GT were from real manufacturers?. Sure there were some cars that were made up such as the Mitsubishi FTO LM car but it was at least based on a real model...... and even the "fictional" F1 cars were based on real cars but they couldn't name them for licencing issues.

Originally posted by Wads
What do you mean by that?..... I thought all cars in GT were from real manufacturers?. Sure there were some cars that were made up such as the Mitsubishi FTO LM car but it was at least based on a real model...... and even the "fictional" F1 cars were based on real cars but they couldn't name them for licencing issues.

He probably means manufacturers that don't exist any more, because of bankrupties or mergers.

Cant say ill miss the Rovers, except maybe 6R4 and that new monster they was on Top gear, cant recall the name of it.

during high school, when we were bored in lessons, me and my mate tried to write down as many car maker names as possible (separately) at first 60 was harsh... later we managed 80 and last time we tried, we got well over 100 when including all cars from both lists - well, we did include cars like Seat, Lada, Proton etc also.

Originally posted by GTXLR
Cant say ill miss the Rovers, except maybe 6R4 and that new monster they was on Top gear, cant recall the name of it.
The SV.

The last time I checked GT4 was supposed to have more cars than any previouse GT game, GT2 had 590+, PD tend to be on the conservative side, and by saying 500+ they are being conservative, don't start exiting yourself with numbers up to and over 1000 though because we just don't know what the final figure will be, and at this point neither does PD as they will be adding cars up to the last minuet.

There is a good feeling that Venturi and Vector (from GT2) might return to GT4, and I also hope Gillet can come up with a road-spec Vertigo and Lister Storm road car.

Back