With 830 cars...

• Thread starter LeChittie
  • 21 comments
Hey guys, I'm here to ask that fundamental question of car numbers.

Do you guys are satisfied with the amount of cars *I mean, different cars. Not that odd 20 or so Skylines*

I'm not really :indiff:

I want an Aston Martin DB9 :D
Or does anyone want that uber sexy Alfa Romeo 8C to drive? :D

If so, please do list the car you want :)
I'm not sure about but some say Gran Turismo PSP will have some downloadable content. I'm pretty sure it would be cars, cars and MORE cars

Maybe just maybe, PD might answer our calls from this from this small patch of a thread:gtpflag:

Your not satisfied?

WOW

While yeah there are cars its missing, but all in all its got more than anyother game. It's coming to a point that GT has so many cars people seam to be getting upset now that not EVERY car is in the game.

True that mate D=
I'm a British car fanboy *Yes guys, I admit it its not like you don't like them;)

I want to drive a couple of British cars :D
I'm happy with all the Lotuses but I want to have a McLarenF1 to drive around :D
Unlike NFS:Shift though which took me a 2 weeks to finish the career and have to slide around every single goddamn corner to win which is no fun to a GT purists like us =D

I've always wondered how does a McLaren feels to drive
PS: I've gotten the SLR two days ago and I'm happy with that dirty, dirtyyyyy V12 under the bonnet =DD

I think you'll find the SLR has a 5.5 supercharged V8 under that bonnet of its'. ;)

To be honest I'm not that bothered about the missing cars. Although it is a shame they didn't make it in. I'm actually pleased we got all the regional cars aswell, even though many are complaining that they're just copies. I would be very happy if they were to bring out some more downloadable content. But the man himself has stated they won't be doing so, so I'm not getting my hopes up.

I admit the "830 cars" label also sounds a little bitter to me ...

while shopping race cars for the upcoming JGTC series I found the the game sports at least 4 NSXs, 4 Supras and 4 GT-Rs in the GT500 category, while only 6 overall GT300 ( at least it is different cars ) ... and no Alfa Romeo 155 V6 TI DTM, no JGTC SC430, no Lolas, no Maseratis, no recent Lamborghinis...

then, looking at road cars, it seems that Opel / Vauxhall or Honda / Acura cars are an exact match of each other ( same as in real life, but was it necessary to include them both with the same cars ? ) ... and then consider over 20 road going NSXs, 20 GT-Rs, 20 Mx-5 and so on

I mean : it's obviously a great achievement to have all these cars, and GT PSP is definitly the best game I know for the psp ... but the "830" seems a bit too much a marketing statement for my racecar-oriented tastes ...

I'm happy with all the Lotuses but I want to have a McLarenF1 to drive around :D
I've always wondered how does a McLaren feels to drive

Good news for you then, there IS a McLaren F1 in the game. It appears under BMW as the "BMW McLaren F1 GTR Race Car ‘97". It isn't the road car if that's what you were hoping for, but it's half way there!

gz
I admit the "830 cars" label also sounds a little bitter to me ...

while shopping race cars for the upcoming JGTC series I found the the game sports at least 4 NSXs, 4 Supras and 4 GT-Rs in the GT500 category, while only 6 overall GT300 ( at least it is different cars ) ... and no Alfa Romeo 155 V6 TI DTM, no JGTC SC430, no Lolas, no Maseratis, no recent Lamborghinis...

then, looking at road cars, it seems that Opel / Vauxhall or Honda / Acura cars are an exact match of each other ( same as in real life, but was it necessary to include them both with the same cars ? ) ... and then consider over 20 road going NSXs, 20 GT-Rs, 20 Mx-5 and so on

I mean : it's obviously a great achievement to have all these cars, and GT PSP is definitly the best game I know for the psp ... but the "830" seems a bit too much a marketing statement for my racecar-oriented tastes ...

I agree.

I'd also add Mazda (Mazda6 & Mazda Altezza) and Toyota/Scion (xB & bB) to the duplicate cars list.

*face palm* That's one hell of a V8 mate.

do you have any special cars to put in? =)

Yeah its just a tuned up one out of the SL55. Very good engine. Very nice sound.

Umm.... Special cars... Well as you said I'd like the Astons to be in. But I reckon if they do any extra cars it'll be ones they left out from GT4 or ones from GT5P which would suit me just fine. I'd like to take my C6 Corvette Z06 around some new tracks. :)

and no Alfa Romeo 155 V6 TI DTM

This car is in the game. Have you not seen it yet? I can't remember what cars and other dealers are in with it now for you to watch for.

I own 200 cars out of 830 I can not complain.

Same here mate. :dopey:

Good news for you then, there IS a McLaren F1 in the game. It appears under BMW as the "BMW McLaren F1 GTR Race Car ‘97". It isn't the road car if that's what you were hoping for, but it's half way there!

I bought that car =D Its wuz funnn :dopey::dopey:
But I still want that original McLarenF1 though :indiff:

Overall I do like the cars in GTPSP
I do like the collecting the cars.
But sometimes, having identical and make that BORING cars in the game is a slight turn off to me :yuck:

Is not bad at all but could have been so much better, specially since theres 830 cars, i can think easly in 300 cars better than this list. My biggest grip on this car list is even when they have Ferrari, Lamborghini licenses they only put 4 cars! and only 2 of those are really representative (the Enzo and the Countach 1974)

what you guys have to keep in mind is the makers of GT have to agree on licensing deals to include certain cars. so perhaps they couldnt agree on a deal with mclaren. this could be why some cars might not be in a game. just like barry bonds was never in a MLB videogame.

This car is in the game. Have you not seen it yet? I can't remember what cars and other dealers are in with it now for you to watch for.

is it ? ... my bad, I must have overlooked it when I bought the Alfa Giulia :dunce:
I'll start looking for it :)

You can check what cars are available in the game by going to your stats menu, going to your garage, going into a manufacturer and then to the "Sort by" list in the top right and choose "View Collection."

This shows you all the cars available from the manufacturer. But the ones you don't have are silhouetted (blacked out) until you get them. Its not too difficult to figure out what they're supposed to be though if you know your cars.

what you guys have to keep in mind is the makers of GT have to agree on licensing deals to include certain cars. so perhaps they couldnt agree on a deal with mclaren. this could be why some cars might not be in a game. just like barry bonds was never in a MLB videogame.

But PD is smart. 1st the RUFs, now it managed to put in 2 McLarens without a McLaren contract. It's not the first choice, but beats PES fake teams.
McLaren F1's look weird without a spoiler anyway, so as for road versions, LM or bust.

But PD is smart. 1st the RUFs, now it managed to put in 2 McLarens without a McLaren contract. It's not the first choice, but beats PES fake teams.
McLaren F1's look weird without a spoiler anyway, so as for road versions, LM or bust.

actually though RUF is actually a car company though. they just take unmarked porsche bodies and chassis and install their own drivetrains and such in them. go to wikipedia and search RUF.

is the evo X in this game? thats the only car id really like to drive thats not int he game that i can think of

Well, for those who are asking if there's a certain car in the game here's the list: http://us.gran-turismo.com/local/us/data1/products/gtpsp/carlist.html

It feels like Gran Turismo PSP was ported from...GT3 or GT4, not sure which. And then they just added some newer cars like the Nissan GT-R Vspec, Corvette ZR1, Mazda Furai, GTbyCitroen, Ferrari Enzo, Audi R8 LMS, Lamborghini Countach. It's kinda depressing that after waiting like...how many years? They didn't even bother to update the car list. No Evo X, new WRX STI, other Ferrari's, newer Lambo's, etc. :( I think Polyphony was a bit too busy with Gran Turismo 5 to work on Gran Turismo PSP...

GT4. GT PSP has been in the works I believe for 4 years now or something. It just took a long time to come out :)

Ah ok, I've just been wondering about the car list. The rest of the stuff feels like newer systems and stuff. The cars feel like they were ported... >_> Too be honest, I'm not sure of the car lists of GT3 and GT4...since I never owned them, lol. The last Gran Turismo I ever played was GT2, I never bought a PS2 when GT3 and GT4 came out. Grr, I would be more of a Gran Turismo fan if I got those 2. -Feels so behind in the world of Gran Turismo...- Got a PS3 now, so finally I'll be able to see the new gen of Gran Turismo.

Back