For some reason whenever I edit a song it will revert back in the matter of a few days. It is the biggest problem on multi disc albums where it will just combine them even if I put a (Disc x) in the album title.
Sounds like WMP is overwriting the edited song info when it grabs info off the 'net.
Try setting it to "only add missing information" - IIRC WMP is set to overwrite all information by default, which would probably explain why it's reverting your edits.
So I bought a new laptop recently and am currently putting my CD's on the computer. However I's having a couple issues.
1) It won't delete the sample music/other sample files even though I deleted the files.
2) It doesn't put the new music in my library even though I have even set it so that the folder that holds the songs is directly on the list. Basically If I close it and open it back up all I see is the sample music which isn't even on my computer anymore.
I DL'd Winamp as sort of a temporary thing, I prefer WMP though so hopefully I can get this sorted out.
Vlc is very good, but decompression of high res videos is not excellent (bigger pixelisation than on wmp. Wmp would be good if a light version would exist (without all the library poopys).
My problem wih wmp :
very tricky to use wmp in x64 all the time as default (reg. hack)
due to my keyboard (g15) wmp is always running in the back.