Wobbling Formula GT @ High Speed Ring

So the title pretty much says it all. Im on the second race of the Formula GT Championship (High Speed Ring) and my car is wobbling from side to side in the turns, especially the tighter turn. It only happens under acceleration and it occurs no matter what condition the tires are in. I've tried messing with just about every setting and nothing seems affect the wobbling. Anyone know how to fix this?

Here are my base settings:

Spring Rate: 17.9/16.8
Ride Height: 45/45
Bound: 8/8
Rebound: 8/8
Camber: 2.5/3.3
Toe: 0/-2

Tranny: Auto 19
TCS: 4 (both ASM = 0)
Downforce: 51/80

Weight Ballast: 26
Front/Rear balance: -13

Everything else is default.

Drop springs to somwhere between 10 and 14, raise rideheight ten clicks, drop damper bound to 4/4, and drop TCS to 2. Take away the ballast and go for full downforce. That´s pointers for you!
You may actually want to add some ASM to this car. I´ve found this to be the only car that actually benefits from it in GT4.

Ok just to be clear, negative vales for weight balance mean the ballast is in the front right? Thanks for the tips.

@ Team666, thanks for the pointers but I do want to keep the ballast to make the races closer. Otherwise I lap the AI's several times a race.

If you are looking for close (read tricky) races in the Formula GT Championship, you could do worse than follow the link in my sig. Included is a basic setup that didn't require too many changes between races, and notes on each individual race.

Well I messed around with it some more and I dont think there is a way to fix the 'wobbling'. I did notice that it only occurs on the banking, not on the flat pavement on the inside of the turns, and it only occurs at very high speeds. I think it might just be the GT4 physics engine can't handle the extreme aerodynamic effects with this car at the really high speeds on a banked track.

Latest Posts

Back