won my first 200-point race!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so I won my first race worth 200 a-spec points. I used an AE86 Trueno with 143 HP on the FR Challenge in Beginner Hall. I beat the 2nd place car, an '02 Mercedes SL 500, by four seconds... it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. Is this becoming a common thing? How big is the "200 club"?

I'm not aware that anyone has got the max amount of a-spec points the most I've seen is 75k, although I'm sure someone will correct me :)

but well done anyway.

I won a couple 200 A-Spec point races with the Opel Speedster races. Other than that, I won a 174 A-Spec point race in the Special Conditions hall Hard against a Impreza Rally Car using just the road version of the RS200. Its become one of my favorite cars for Rally, I actually find it easier to drive than the Rally version.

s13squirrel
How big is the "200 club"?

There is lot of useful information regarding 200 A-Spec Point Races in this thread:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=61761

After doing some of the recommended races, I now have TOO many A-Spec Points. For example, abusing the Special Conditions Hall, or the Polyphony Digital Cup with the Dodge Ram will get you tons of points, but it is a cheap way to do it, and not so much fun.

Nice work, and yes I'm afraid the 200 club is fairly large, but It's still a nice achievement. If your Trueno was stock, then you might like to have a look at HiSpeeds thread here:

www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=62070

as for the most people have got.....I think I might be in the lead at the moment (check my sig) but there's plenty of people giving it a go. The Theoretical max is 113,100pts, but it's been proved that that can't be achieved...........100-105k looks to be about the limit, but i'll let everyone know when I get there!

TigJackson
There is lot of useful information regarding 200 A-Spec Point Races in this thread:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=61761

After doing some of the recommended races, I now have TOO many A-Spec Points. For example, abusing the Special Conditions Hall, or the Polyphony Digital Cup with the Dodge Ram will get you tons of points, but it is a cheap way to do it, and not so much fun.

What do you mean, "abusing"? You can only get A-spec points once, has been explained in many threads on this forum. The Dodge RAM happens to be an interesting way of getting 200, but im sure in some cases you could use something a little bit better.

RenesisEvo
What do you mean, "abusing"? You can only get A-spec points once, has been explained in many threads on this forum. The Dodge RAM happens to be an interesting way of getting 200, but im sure in some cases you could use something a little bit better.

Indeed. The RAM seems to be a glitch, but it certainly won't get you more than a few thousand points even if you totally abuse it. Plus, using it to win Special Conditions Hard and the PD Cup isn't as easy as you might think..........

You need an easy handling car with low power on a windy track. I doubt anyone ever won the highspeed ring with 200pts, or Fuji speedway.

smellysocks12
You need an easy handling car with low power on a windy track. I doubt anyone ever won the highspeed ring with 200pts, or Fuji speedway.

Actually I have, on both tracks, several times. Fuji 80's is second only to Super Speedway in terms of being a total pain to get the points, but the AI at highspeed ring is atrocious, they can't corner for anything and it's easy to outbrake and outcorner them there. Fuji '05 (both) and Fuji 90's are difficult but not impossible. It's doable on all tracks with the right car (this is the bit that takes time) since the AI is utterly useless and can't come close to touching a good player.

route_66
Plus, using it to win Special Conditions Hard and the PD Cup isn't as easy as you might think..........
I had completed the Special Conditions Hall using vehicles that were appropriately designed for the races, but I didn’t have too many A-Spec Points to show for it. Contrary to what the other guy said, I have known since late February that you can’t win more than a maximum of 200 A-Spec Points per race or 250 A-Spec Points for each of the Missions. When I read through your thread, I went back and re-ran all events in the Special Conditions Hall with various iterations of the Dodge Ram in order to pick up the missing points. Obviously some of the Hard Events weren’t particularly easy, and I had to use something else to win the Hard Tsukuba Circuit (Wet) Event, but the PD Cup was a breeze (2000 easy A-Spec Points here alone). Anyway, I’ll never catch up with you.

TigJackson
I had completed the Special Conditions Hall using vehicles that were appropriately designed for the races, but I didn’t have too many A-Spec Points to show for it. Contrary to what the other guy said, I have known since late February that you can’t win more than a maximum of 200 A-Spec Points per race or 250 A-Spec Points for each of the Missions. When I read through your thread, I went back and re-ran all events in the Special Conditions Hall with various iterations of the Dodge Ram in order to pick up the missing points. Obviously some of the Hard Events weren’t particularly easy, and I had to use something else to win the Hard Tsukuba Circuit (Wet) Event, but the PD Cup was a breeze (2000 easy A-Spec Points here alone). Anyway, I’ll never catch up with you.

Still though the RAM can only do certain races, and if someone was going to try and "cheat" with it, there's no way they'd pick up the 80000 or so points it can't get without being any good. Well done for winning the PD cup, did you do it stock? I had some great races against a 350Z and an Impreza in a near stock RAM, with just a transmission upgrade (no power mods).

smellysocks12

i did, abt audt tt-r against minolta and co. does it every time. just make sure you have right line-up of opponent cars. sometimes it will be around 174-180 depending on ai cars. but once you get minolta, nissans, bentley you are in for 200.

i put turbo in my audi, and r3 tires.

wow but many people have already got 200 pts i recon i give you a tap on the back if you get 200 points on the sunday cup
(and tell me with witch car

hitman146
wow but many people have already got 200 pts i recon i give you a tap on the back if you get 200 points on the sunday cup
(and tell me with witch car

Dodge RAM :sly: :sly:

Seriously though it's been done, according to the 200pts thread (I forget who by, it wasn't me, I don't remember what I used) in a 70hp Toyota Yaris (Vitz).

route_66
Well done for winning the PD cup, did you do it stock?
When I mentioned various iterations of the Dodge Ram, I meant that I changed different tuning options that I had purchased in order to be competitive in a 200 point race. I have no idea what my settings were for this series, but the 350Z was the only car that provided any type of competition.

The 19 Lap race at Motorland, or whatever its called, was the closest race (0.4 seconds +/-) because at least three of my tires were as red as they could possibly get and it was difficult to keep the tank on the road for the last couple of laps.

Good job! I've been playing since GT1 but I still don't have the skills or the nervous system to pull off a 200 pointer, IMO. I was shocked and dismayed that I won a 142 pointer in the Motegi ring F1 race. (178 laps IIRC) Yep, after about 10,000 hours in GT1/2/3/4 I still suck. :(

i just won mine today too. it was the hard wet tsukuba(sp?) in special conditions. i used a jaguar xjsomething racecar against a faster gtone looking car. on one of the hairpins i sacked him into the sand and just blocked him the rest of the race :cheers:

imarc0
i just won mine today too. it was the hard wet tsukuba(sp?) in special conditions. i used a jaguar xjsomething racecar against a faster gtone looking car. on one of the hairpins i sacked him into the sand and just blocked him the rest of the race :cheers:

Not to discredit your achievement any, but generally it's considered bad form to smack the AI off the track, the XJ220 race car is perfectly capable of winning without any dirty tactics and I recommend you try and do it without resorting to cheap shots.
Please don't take any offense, but people here can be a lot harsher than I think I've been and you'll feel much better winning without being underhand.

I think I am in the 200 A-Spec club now. Today I won the Like the Wind race in a fully modded Pagani Zonda C 12 5.7 S (or something like it). After the second lap it got kinda boring up in first.

not al 200pt races are hard to win. Getting 200pts in the truck races is rediculously easy. :) not exactly anything special getting 200 pts for most of the races. You just have to find the right car and modification combination. (loophole in A-spec pts)

I won my first as I upset the JGTC Race Cars with a fully-tuned Suzuki GSX-R/4 Concept Car. To prove it, I have saved my replay on my Memory Card. I'm not the show-and-tell guy, but I edged out the competition with a car that weighs about 1282 lbs (582 kgs, I believe), carries 276hp, racing on Racing Mediums. The course was a track I'm very good at, Tokyo R246. When I won that race, I was like "I had to tell GTPlanet about this." My inspiration for this was the "Surprise Cars" thread where someone else won against the JGTC cars with the GSX-R/4. GT4 may not have the (popular European exotics), but the Suzuki GSX-R/4 may have a special home in Gran Turismo history, maybe making it to GT5.

Anyhow, when you win a 200 A-Spec point race, you're jacked. In fact, here's my current record in 200 A-Spec point races: 1/0/1 (win/lose/forfeit). That forefit? Costa di Amalfi Hard vs. 198? Peugeot 205 Rally Car.

s13squirrel
Okay so I won my first race worth 200 a-spec points. I used an AE86 Trueno with 143 HP on the FR Challenge in Beginner Hall. I beat the 2nd place car, an '02 Mercedes SL 500, by four seconds... it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. Is this becoming a common thing? How big is the "200 club"?

Awesome! Truly fantastic :D 👍

I think most people are turned off by the point system because it doesn't make a lot sense. Sometimes you'll find an easy 100p race, other races you're offered 5 and it's impossible. The point system is flawed, but the majority works... decently. But it can be a bit tedious. Hopefully the other 200p and stock threads help.

The key is the lineup and finding just the "right" car. This can be easier said than done. But it can be done... and in the end you'll have a lot of competitive races.

A suggestion for those that are afraid of 200p races.

- Try one of the cars listed in the Stock thread... But soup up the drivetrain and suspension (these don't affect points).

- Certain cars are just more competitive for points then others: The Clio, Imprezas, M3s and Lotus Elises are good places to start

- The British GT has several 200p possibilities that aren't too bad - The Aston Martin Vaquish, the Jag S, or any of the Lotuses.

Perhaps those will help open up the possibilities of the point system! :sly:

ving

ive got the 200 point races list and some of them are very inaccurate
i was asked to do the la sarthe 24 hour in a r390 gt1 with R1 tires and i was supposed 2 get 200 points
im preety sure the highest i cud get was 180 +/- 5 points

what's up with that?

Luas_Macras
i was asked to do the la sarthe 24 hour in a r390 gt1 with R1 tires and i was supposed 2 get 200 points

what's up with that?

I did't do endurances yet but in my list it says used R390, that means no oil change. It also says "all group C/LMP opponents".
For some 200 pts races you'll find that they require numerous lineup changes till you are offered with one that will give you 200 pts.

Luas_Macras

what's up with that?
Why bring this dead topic back when there is a current 200pt A-spec races just below this one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back