wont let me pass 25%?????

Hey,

I bought this game about a month ago, and have been taking extremely good care of it, besides the occasional scratch the game is perfect. but i just hit 24.9 percent and everytime i win a race, it will take me to the congrat's. screen and freeze up. iv tried this atleast 20 times and its killing me becuse i wantto do the endurance races. so can anyone help me out?

how is the warranty on this game?

Nitrobasher
Hey,

I bought this game about a month ago, and have been taking extremely good care of it, besides the occasional scratch the game is perfect. but i just hit 24.9 percent and everytime i win a race, it will take me to the congrat's. screen and freeze up. iv tried this atleast 20 times and its killing me becuse i wantto do the endurance races. so can anyone help me out?

how is the warranty on this game?
Whoa, whoa, whoa! Never had that happen to me. Maybe you should try cleaning the disc. Or try another GT4 disc. If that doesn't work, then you got a problem.

Scratches? What scratches? CDs, games, whatever discs don't get "occasional" scratches, at least when in my posession. If I leave them upside down too long they seem to accumulate little dots that look like dust, but won't come off and seem to be under the plastic. Crazy, but doesn't effect the performance. I have not a clue what your problem is except your disc is dirty or scratched in just the rigth spot.

Do you use an old PS2 model?

I have read of similar problems with that unit. If it is an older model call a gaming store and see if they do any repairs or can recommend someone. I believe what happens is the CD player needs an adjustment. It is not reading the proper area of the disc.

If you really think it is the disc; rent a copy and see if it locks up at the same point; if it does, you can rule out your CD being the problem. G/L

Do you know anyone else with a PS2? - if so try your disk (and memory card) on their machine and see if the same thing happens. If it doesn't freeze up on their machine then its not the disk, it could be your machine.

I think it might be corrupt data on your memory card - in which case you'll either have to delete your existing game save or buy a new card :(

TheCracker
Do you know anyone else with a PS2? - if so try your disk (and memory card) on their machine and see if the same thing happens. If it doesn't freeze up on their machine then its not the disk, it could be your machine.

I think it might be corrupt data on your memory card - in which case you'll either have to delete your existing game save or buy a new card :(

This is the most likely scenario. If you have another MC, transfer your save to that one, and play again. If you still have the same problem, It´s most likely the disc. A clean should fix that, if it´s just light scratches.

Cracker Jack
Do you use an old PS2 model?

I have read of similar problems with that unit. If it is an older model call a gaming store and see if they do any repairs or can recommend someone. I believe what happens is the CD player needs an adjustment. It is not reading the proper area of the disc.

If you really think it is the disc; rent a copy and see if it locks up at the same point; if it does, you can rule out your CD being the problem. G/L

No, it`s not about the old PS2`s, I have the old one, game works perfect.

Weird problem, never heard of, ...

Okay, you said that there are spots that look like they are under the plastic, after leaving it face up. It is easy to say that may be the result of direct sunlight.

FYI, I have a SCPH-30001. Works fine.

Or rent it and give them your copy of the game back :) LAST RESORT for a poor college student...i swear. But make sure its not a memory card problem first.

Back