Work in Progress...

• Thread starter Shannon
  • 22 comments
Trying out a little bit of pixel art at the moment. It's very far from complete. I can't seem to get the base of the monitor right. If anyone would be kind enough to post a pic of a flatpanel monitor so I can use it as a guide...

Anyway...

attachment.php

That looks awesome, Shannon! 👍
How do you do that? Just use the rectangular marque tool to make a box then fill with color? Or do you use the magnetic lasso?

Originally posted by Naoki
That looks awesome, Shannon! 👍
How do you do that? Just use the rectangular marque tool to make a box then fill with color? Or do you use the magnetic lasso?
I use the Rectangular Marquee tool for the selection. I use the Line Tool or the Stroke Layer Style to outline the objects, and to give them a perspective, I use Edit > Transform > Perspective.

Originally posted by hanker
This looks like MS paint....is it ms paint??
It looks like paint because it is pixel art. This could very easily be done in MS Paint, but no, I'm using Photoshop.

Originally posted by under18carbon
Was that line suppose to be funny or something? :odd: I don't believe MS Paint will churn out a thing like that, but who knows anyway.

Shannon, I believe you're using PS 7.0?
I could do it in MS Paint. Although it would be harder. Yes, I'm using PS 7.

I use the Rectangular Marquee tool for the selection. I use the Line Tool or the Stroke Layer Style to outline the objects, and to give them a perspective, I use Edit > Transform > Perspective.

Alright:) I might give this little thing a go tonight. Maybe I'll do my monitor?

Originally posted by hanker
The angles on the tower and the keyboard and not right, take a close look at htem you might notice whats wrong!
The monitor and keyboard are on a different angle to the tower, I know. That's how it was supposed to look, but now you mention it, it does look a bit odd. :irked:

I started again and put everything on the same angle. Also, I'm not working with Perspective now as its hard to make everything look right.

Originally posted by ALPHA
20 Layers is nothing! - Oh and Shannon that looks like anti-aliased pixel art ;) Looks good!
Yes, but I am no where near done. I'd say about 1/8 finished, and I had 20 layers. I merged some of them so there is only about 9 now.

Originally posted by Shannon
Yes, but I am no where near done. I'd say about 1/8 finished, and I had 20 layers. I merged some of them so there is only about 9 now.

Build it with a 3d modelling program. You'll get much better results:D

Originally posted by rjensen11
Build it with a 3d modelling program. You'll get much better results:D
Yes, but I haven't installed 3DSM yet and I only know how to use basic modifiers to make some abstract things.

On a side not, I formatted my HDD (again :grumpy:) and forgot to back up all my work. I couldn't be bothered starting again (not now the I have C&C: Generals to keep me occupied :D)...

Back