Workaround for Ad-hoc Party's region lock

In case you are not aware Ad-hoc Party is region locked, eg the EU, US and JPN all have separate regional servers. I assume likewise for eg HK.

I really do not know why Sony do this, the EU and US servers are very quiet so why not let them communicate ? Hello Sony - ever heard of people having global friends lists ? I will accept though that the JPN servers are very, very busy. When I looked yesterday world A1 was mostly red men in every lobby !

There is a workaround. You can download each regional version of Ad-hoc Party to your PS3 via the relevant PS Store and then from one PSN account just run the region you want to play in. Note: from the XMB they will look identical so just remember the order. This is not ideal but it will enable eg Europeans to play GT with their American friends and vice versa.

Last edited:
Well I believe EUR region GT cant play with US region and so on, as my JA and US dont work together.
I can report that last night, with my Euro PAL copy, I raced and exchanged cars with someone in the US. Of course I do not know whether he was using a PAL or US version, but I would have thought he was likely using an US copy.

We can definitely test this today if I can make it home for lunch. I don't think it will be a problem but lots of last minute stuff always seems to come up on Friday when everyone is trying to take off early for the weekend.

We can definitely test this today if I can make it home for lunch. I don't think it will be a problem but lots of last minute stuff always seems to come up on Friday when everyone is trying to take off early for the weekend.
Hi Peter, I have just sent you a PSN email. It does work - I have just been racing again with a US driver and he even topped up my shareable collection. Look forward to racing some time (and you can now ignore all those emails I sent you yesterday, LOL). Thank you for your efforts.

Steven

Despite my efforts I have been unable to find anyone to play GT with on the JPN server. A few notes on the JPN server:

- the JPN server has the option to create 8 (which is a two storey house with windows, LOL) as well as 4 person rooms
- the lobbies are very busy; A was all red, both B&J were all yellow & blue
- nearly everyone, ie must be hundreds, were playing Metal Gear Solid:PW
- everything is in JPN
- remember in JPN X and O are reversed, ie O is accept and X is cancel

Providing you are familiar with the Adhoc Party layout then it is pretty easy to use.

I like the 8 room option but sadly GT does not support that, however if you have a PSP game that supports 8 online player, by downloading the JPN version of adhoc party you will be able to use that feature.

I will from time to time visit the JPN server again and if I have anything to report, ie on racing and car sharing compatability, then I will post.

Back