Working towards 72 S Class

• Thread starter GTP_JKG
  • 6 comments
GTP_JKG
Hi All,

I'm still working towards getting S Class on all 72 tracks and have accomplished 4 so far. Does anybody know what the minimum number of laps required is to move up from D to C to B and so on. Is the number of laps different for every circuit in the game? Is there anyway to tell in game?

On a side note, If you compete on a track and continue to race that track straight away does the Day stay the same or will it advance another day? I cannot figure out what the days are linked too and when they move forward. Is it linked to number of laps completed on that day?

Thanks!

As long as you don't exit the race menu then it won't count as another day if you do a race over and over again.

I forgot how many times you have to redo a race to get to S but it's something like 8-10 times. I already got all tracks on S and it felt pretty good because I learnt all of the tracks.

It's been a year since I last played this game but I hope I helped!

Counter_Z23
As long as you don't exit the race menu then it won't count as another day if you do a race over and over again.

I forgot how many times you have to redo a race to get to S but it's something like 8-10 times. I already got all tracks on S and it felt pretty good because I learnt all of the tracks.

It's been a year since I last played this game but I hope I helped!

Hi Counter

I just wish the menu system was a tiny bit faster to load. It can be annoying at times.

I'm currently doing 6 laps every race. For promoting from D to B it normally only takes around one race. From B to S I find sometimes it takes another two races or three. If I could bang all these laps out in one race and knew it would advance me I would do that! Plus gain more credits! Perhaps I need to suck it up and see.

You should get involved again, the WTAC is still running and I'm trying to promote another Season event (4). Would be nice to see you there!

If you install the game to your memory stick then the game will load a lot faster and will consume less power. The only downside is that it would take up around 1 GB on your memory stick.

As for the WTAC, I'd like to join but I'm quite busy with GT5 right now. Maybe one day I'll pick up my PSP again and join.

If I remembered it correctly:
1 win (D-rank) = unlocks C-rank
1 win (C-rank) = unlocks B-rank
2 wins (B-rank) = unlocks A-rank
3 wins (A-rank) = unlocks S-rank

or

2-2nd place finish = 1 win
3-3rd place finish = 1 win

4th place finish = 0 win

sample computation from A-rank to S-rank
3 wins
2 wins plus 2-2nd place finish
1 win + 3-3rd place finish + 2-2nd place finish
9-3rd place finish

Some benefits of unlocking S-rank AI driver level:
1.makes you a better driver as S-rank AIs cant be really left behind. Pushes you to your limits.
2.during Adhoc Multiplayer Race , you can switch your car to AI-auto pilot. The higher your rank at that particular track makes your AI better driving during Adhoc auto-pilot. Raising money using this type of technique is fast. Just ask a friend to race with you. Or your buddy's AI vs your AI.

I think raising the number of laps does not affect the win ratio. I usually race 2-3 laps per track before.

I seem to have found a new appreciation for gtpsp after gt5 came out. i play it a lot more when the wife has the main tv. Cool how so many characteristics are present in gt5. I too am trying to get all golds in the challenges and all s-rank in the tracks. I have 88 golds and 14 silver in the challenges and have a couple s-ranks. Definitely harder depending on the car to advance. I use the nissan gtr and the m3 gtr a lot.

Back