World Championship HELP!!

Can anyone help me with the GT4 world championship in the professional hall. Ive got the Lemans CLK-GTR and tuned to 1000+bhp. and its faster than the rest...BUT... cos u have pit once or twice i keep losing. Can anyone help me with a winning strategy????!! I have to get to the extreme hall..i want tht mclaren F1 lol. Buyt yeah any help on when to pit or strategys (a-spec & b-spec) plz help me! Thanks!

And NO THIS IS NOT LIKE OTHER THREADS...because i havnt seen any telling strategy or when to pit... they usually dwell into sumthin else

thanks again!

Welcome to GTP.

Take a look at the top of the thread page and you would find lots of stickies that will answer your question. For example this thread.

Edit: I didn't take note of what you said. Hope TM's advice helps. 👍

If my memory serves me rightly, I used this car as well... you need to fit harder tyres so that you either do not need to stop at all, or only need to stop as many times as your fastest competitor. Of course, the harder the tyre, the slower you will be at first (as the tyre warms up). For a 15 lap race, for example, ideally you want some tyres that will hit the 'sweet spot' around lap 6 and start to fade at 7 or 8 (pitting on lap 8) - you don't want them to stay blue (cold) for too long (i.e. they should be green by somewhere on lap 2) and you don't want them to wear out too early (pit when they are dark yellow/light orange, pref. as close to the middle of the race as possible)... also, watch which tyres go off first. If the rear tyres go off much quicker, put a harder compound on the rears, and softer tyres on the fronts. That way you'll get a nice balance and the optimal grip...

In the Driving Aids, take off ASM completely and reduce TCS to atleast 2 (most people would just use 0, but I find this makes for too much wheelspin at the start of the race) - 2 gives you enough but not too much.

Also, keep tweaking the settings - a good tip is to use the different 'set-ups' available - you can have three different set-ups for your car. Keep set-up 1 default, make set-up 2 your 'experimental' mode, and use set-up 3 as your ideal mode (i.e. keep all the good changes that seem to give you the best results)... I can't remember any specific changes I made to this specific car, but that was the way that I found my ideal set-up (I always use max or near-max downforce and near min ride height...)

You will have to do the first race a few times to get an idea of the kind of pace you need to be at in order to win, and specifically to see if and when your opponents pit. If they don't pit, you need to establish a gap of about 20-25 secs per pitstop you need to make, which as I said already, should only be once in a 15 lap race.

Good luck...👍

G.T
Welcome to GTP.

Take a look at the top of the thread page and you would find lots of stickies that will answer your question. For example this thread.

Edit: I didn't take note of what you said. Hope TM's advice helps. 👍

Easy answer to the above comments:If you dont want to help ,dont reply with stuff like that.it really does put newcomers right off from posting questions on message boards.We are supposed to be here to help.👎
Andy UK

mynameis
Easy answer to the above comments:If you dont want to help ,dont reply with stuff like that.it really does put newcomers right off from posting questions on message boards.We are supposed to be here to help.👎
Andy UK
I was just saying that the stickies at the top of the page could help, I see nothing wrong with saying that. I just did the mistake of not reading his post properly, and I apologise for that.

Brilliant! Thanks very much ill give it a go. if not do u think the mazda (the orange and green racer) for 3.5 million would win if i bought it and tuned it up enough?. because its always those mazdas and those 2 clasic nissans racers tht win! lol

The 787B should do very well tuned up - it's quite easy on its tyres compared to the Minolta Toyota or the Nissans (which munch tyres like nobody's business) and it's quite a nice car to drive. Great-looking, too - it and the Minolta Toyota are my two favourite Group C cars (I like the Sauber C9 too, but I haven't got it yet).

NellyBoy250
Brilliant! Thanks very much ill give it a go. if not do u think the mazda (the orange and green racer) for 3.5 million would win if i bought it and tuned it up enough?. because its always those mazdas and those 2 clasic nissans racers tht win! lol

The 787B was my first choice for the unchicaned Le Mans race, and I won that, so it works...I did not add power though, since I firmly believe in endurance rather than speed for this event. Setup correctly, the Mazda will do 9 laps for each stint. Just watch out for other Mazdas!

I gotta tell you, I only won that race by 0.45 seconds, due to the "b-spec-hits-the-wall-on-the-straight" glitch :yuck: . Coming out on the last lap, B-spec had a 40 second lead, but only won by less than half a second. The idiot crashed twice on the long straight! :ouch:

A-spec:
Work on your skills. 👍
Make sure you are not going off track and if you do, make sure it is not a race-killer.
Always start with A-spec and do the "practice" before each race. 👍
"Practice" (next to the b-spec option) may add the to your total time of game play but it will pay off when you qualify at the head of the grid.

B-spec:
Watch your race in real time.
Use the speed option between 2-5 to slow down your car in the tricky sections. This again will add time to your game play but contribute to a win instead of a lose (which means doing it over again anyway!).

So,
Take your time and mind your skills.
Being consistant and clean will win the races.
Just remember not to wreck when you drive, always start your own race, and never let B-spec go unwatched at speeds over 2.

(btw, be careful about using your B-spec speeds... You can lose time with lower settings, but consider the time saved compared to a crash and well, you get the point. ;) 👍 )

ok...the latest!! Thought id be sneaky....oh yes, win the suzuki escudo pikes peak car, tune it to over 1000bhp. brilliant it accelerates faster thn them all!....then we hit a corner.... it doesn't corner on a tarmac track very well and has turbo lague!.... dammit. right the mazda 787?...thts the orange and green car i assume can buy. so...only 3.5 million to get..... s'gonna be lots of races to win tht lol well redoin the race to get the 256000 Toyota RSC car lol...hum.. keep the help cummin. al let u know when i finially crack it....IF ..i do lol thanks for all the help ppl! much apreciated!

NellyBoy250
ok...the latest!! Thought id be sneaky....oh yes, win the suzuki escudo pikes peak car, tune it to over 1000bhp. brilliant it accelerates faster thn them all!....then we hit a corner.... it doesn't corner on a tarmac track very well and has turbo lague!.... dammit. right the mazda 787?...thts the orange and green car i assume can buy. so...only 3.5 million to get..... s'gonna be lots of races to win tht lol well redoin the race to get the 256000 Toyota RSC car lol...hum.. keep the help cummin. al let u know when i finially crack it....IF ..i do lol thanks for all the help ppl! much apreciated!

make money fast = do the german touringcar championship in Eurohall, sell the CLK-GTR prizecar. Boom, yo´ve earned over 900.000 Cr. Buy a stage 4 turbo for a legible car, and B-spec it on x3, and it should be done under 20 min.

I used this car my first time in the BTWC. All I did to it was hard tires all the way around. It requires lots of patience to use this car for this series. To win you just need to run consistent laps and stay within 20 sec of the leader and conserve your tires. The trick is you just pit one less time than the fastest AI and you will win. I did this and only lost 3 races. I lost Super speedway just because my car was just flat out slow, I lost El Capitan because of wreckin on those hills and Grand Valley cuz it was the last race and I wasn't tryin that hard. Turn off ASM and put TCS to 2 to save your tires even more.

Thanks! Yeah i noticed super hard on rear and medium hard on front usually works for the 10-20 lap races. Plus certain tracks r better than others eg...almost won at new york but tyres gave way and i started slidin on the last lap :( lol cos i forgot to pit one early b4 the rest. but grand valley is quite hard. spose in the end persistance will pay...hopefully lol still usin the clk-gtr. cos it is fast than the rest and on new york well quicker in corners than the mazdas or nissans. well keep tryin lol...

I used the CLK-GTR too. The trick is not to pit when you need to, but to pit, once, at exactly halfway (or the nearest lap, on odd-lap races).

If you pit when you need to then you have to deal with a wear-in phase, then a wear-out phase, then a wear-in phase. If you pit at dead on halfway you only have to deal with two wear-in phases.

I used this tactic, R2 front, R1 rear and pretty standard settings (but no ASM and only 1 TCS) and romped the series with a 100% win ratio.

I've done this championship with the CLK-GTR as well and I made a report of it. You can see it here. You might find some useful information in it that hasn't been mentioned by Famine.

Well still aint done it, and no am not completely crap lol i get to like first n second just small things tht make tht difference. hmm. I bought the old jag lm car but not sure wht set up to have it on? any ideas? and my friend said sumthin bout a practice which bascially works like qualifying and puts u on 1st position for the start...yet i cant seem to see it? Anymore help? ....much abliged! am usin the PAL version just incase u need to know. Thanks!

It's next to the A-spec and B-spec icons. Third from the left.

IF you're running it in championship mode. If you're running it as a single race you won't be able to qualify.

If my memory serves me correctly, I A-specced the El Captain 200 Miles: Endurance first, and won the TOYOYTA 88C-V Race Car (MINOLTA) '89. And without any tuning stormed the World Championship with it... allthough I'm not 100% sure. My memory is little hazy, I might have done the series with a maxed out Ford GT also...

If you want an easy win, do the nurburgring 24h and use the F1 car. You will need to pit in but if you drive well you should be atleast a minute ahead. I won all of the races in this car and it has worked several times.

Give it a go and if you find this tip useful please approve by the red tick of doom.

Cheers

T4 GTR

^^^I Raced The Nurb 24 Hours in b-spec, and got the Formula GT, I Cremed Everybody too, i never had to pit on twin ring super, Tokyo R246 and one other

I dont think i have the patience for ....the 24 hour race?...whts the easiest strategy for it?... lol and how long is it gonna take...never even looked at the 24 hour lol is it actually 24 hours? lol.. thanks for the help ppl btw!

Another good tip for the World Championship Series is ALWAYS race for poll position in Practice Mode before every race. It gives you that 1st place advantage, as well as an understanding of how well your car will do on this track, and whether or not you need to tweak the suspension.

And for the 24 Hours Endurance... Usually I race the first 10-20 laps, or at least until the first pit stop to over take everyone (because you can't always rely on the A.I. to do it for you, especially at this level of racing). If my times keep improving, and I keep distancing myself from the competition, than I'll switch over to B-Spec mode during my pit stop. Keep the car's performance at a relative low pace (CRUISE), and up the game's playing speed to x3 (that should cut the "24 Hour Race" in half at least). Make sure that the B-Spec driver keeps distancing himself from the competition as well. And as always, use either the R1 or R2 tires.

Back