World Classics- Beast Accel?!

• Thread starter Skv012a
  • 10 comments
Ok, so I have a '70 Prince Skyline with slightly under 1 ton weight, 275 ish HP, soft sports slicks, and ultra-torque to decent top speed gearing.

In the championship, there's always that buic or something that just shoots away and if my driving is less than perfect it outruns me without any hope of regaining my position.

Race is 1-5 spec points, so it makes NO sense to me whatsoever.

I can't help you, other than tell you to find a different line-up of cars. Yes, it is totally annoying to race against those cars, and the Shelby Cobra, which I assume also can appear in the lineups.

To follow-up on your tuning thread: I'm extremely stubborn and persevere whenever I find a favorite car, thus I MUST get my Prince in its royal shape rather than give up on it. My question is also whether you (/guys) here know WHY those Cobras, old Vettes, or Buics have that monsterous acceleration in this champ.

Ok, so I have a '70 Prince Skyline with slightly under 1 ton weight, 275 ish HP, soft sports slicks, and ultra-torque to decent top speed gearing.

In the championship, there's always that buic or something that just shoots away and if my driving is less than perfect it outruns me without any hope of regaining my position.

Race is 1-5 spec points, so it makes NO sense to me whatsoever.

First of all, ignore the stupid A-spec system. There are 200-point races that are easy as pizza, and 1 to 5-point races that are impossible. A-spec points are nothing but bragging rights, but they usually have no real meaning so far as actual difficulty goes. :P

And second, 275 horses isn't enough to take down the Buick or the Cobra that shows up. You can keep resetting the race till neither of these 2 cars shows up. Next down are the '67 Cougar, Corvette C1 or C2 (or both, i can't remember), and you might have more success going up against these guys in the lighter Prince Skyline.

If you can't take down the Corvettes and/or Cougar, you can keep resetting the race till even lesser cars show up. But by then, your 275 horsepower is overkill.

Hope this helps and report back with your results, soon. :)

I raced and won against the Stringray, but it was a fairly close and extremely fun match. I set my oversteer to 15/20, traction to 1, understeer to 0 and loved how drifty and stable the car was. Nothing beats being able to turn a corner than not.

I somehow managed to keep up w/ Buick, but it required too much accel from my tranny and absolute lack of driving mistakes which is very hard to do on the 1st track with my drifty setup.

How about you kill both ASM aids, and traction control?

275hp isn't too much to keep under wraps...

Yea, i was gonna say....turn that crap off! :lol: It sounds like it's making the Prince handle worse than you'd imagine.

Yeah, I agree about the driving aids. It's common knowledge around these boards that the driving aids hurt you more than help you. Traction control, on the other hand, IS useful. But it all depends in the car, and I doubt the 275hp Skyline has any wheelspin trouble. Although, if the car is under a ton, then it is possible that it has some wheelspin hanging around there, but I don't think it is worth the TCS. Try driving without driving aids. As far as my experience goes, one of the reasons the licenses are so hard is because the car handles funny due to the driving aids on it.

I would just turn TCS off and install a 1-way or full-custom diff. That (along with occasional careful throttling) should solve any wheelspin issues.

Try my Hakosuka GTR (1970 KPGC10 GTR) at Grease Monkey Engineering, it should be a lot better for you against the Buick. ;)

Back