World Compact Cars (was Lighweight)

• Thread starter apexyo
  • 27 comments
I have to race in the World Compact Race on professional, and I do not have a car that meets the length requirements. Could ya'll throw out some names of decent cars that would be suitable for this race?

Thanks for your help

AC Cars 427 S/C '66 is a nice choice...well that's what I used, and I used that car for many more races where you had to meet some requirements to enter the race...

It's in England ;)

Ciao....

the cars that enter that cup are fairly rubbish; i won it in a slightly tuned VW lupo :). even the Mazda MX-5 is too much car for that cup, you get 10 a-spec points or so and can win by dozens of seconds.

CanfieldOO7
Well i was gonna buy a Chapparal 2J regardless but that series gave me a great excuse to fork over the $1.2 mil for it.

:confused: huh? but I know that the series is not too hard for you to win, that you HAVE to get that car right??? 'cause that car is just too much for that series...

Ciao....:odd:

CanfieldOO7
Well i was gonna buy a Chapparal 2J regardless but that series gave me a great excuse to fork over the $1.2 mil for it.

A 600HP race car versus hot (well luke-warm) hatches? Wow, that must be as exciting as a NASCAR race! :yuck: And worth about 1 point per race! :yuck:
Forking out 1.2million Cr for a car to beat a series that you can win in the prize car you got for free for getting all bronzes in your domestic B-licence tests? That's silly. :dunce:

Click the CLUB 200 link in my signature for some examples in the post #1 list of stock cars that people have used to beat this series, for up to 141 points per race! :D Much more fun! Real racing! :eek:

Just make sure you get a lineup without the Renault Clio Sport V6 Phase II. ;)

apexyo
I have to race in the World Compact Race on professional, and I do not have a car that meets the length requirements.

The thread title is confusing, by calling it Lightweight Cars, people will assume you're looking for help in the Beginner Hall : Lightweight K Cup instead of Professional Hall : World Compact Car Championship.
Use the edit button, then "Go Advanced" to take you back to where you can edit the thread title. :cheers:

Mr.OzzyGT
:confused: huh? but I know that the series is not too hard for you to win, that you HAVE to get that car right??? 'cause that car is just too much for that series...

Ciao....:odd:
I couldve won it with a lesser car yes, but it was also the perfect opportunity to just go out and have fun practicing with it while at the same time getting % points. A-Spec points dont matter to me so a 1pt. race wouldnt hinder me at all. Besides that i didnt see anywere else you could win the 2J and Jim Hall is one of my favorite drivers. Can-Am baby :D

By silvering the B license you get a Mazda Kusabi which will easily win the professional compact and japanese compact races. Its a really good car actually.

Smallhorses
A 600HP race car versus hot (well luke-warm) hatches? Wow, that must be as exciting as a NASCAR race! :yuck: And worth about 1 point per race! :yuck:
Forking out 1.2million Cr for a car to beat a series that you can win in the prize car you got for free for getting all bronzes in your domestic B-licence tests? That's silly. :dunce:

As homer simpson would say, "D'oh!"

I didnt know that you could get it there. I just x-fered all my GT3 data over instead of starting from scratch. Besides that im not in it for the A-Spec points, im in it for the cars, speed and purdy graphics. Not to mention that the only time ill ever be able to drive one of these cars would be in a wet dream(even then chances are slim to none). Id ratjer have 100% than have 100,000 A-Spec. Thats just the way i am :sly:

Oh yea i almost forgot that it wasnt a 600HP car when i used it. It was only 1000+:lol:

You misunderstand. :sly:

I'm not saying you shouldn't spend 1.2million Cr on the Chapparal 2J because you can win it for all bronze domestic B-licence tests.

I'm saying it's pointless to waste 1.2million Cr on the Chapparal 2J to use in this championship because you can beat it in the totally unmodified Volkswagen Lupo 1.4 that you can win for the bronzes on domestic B-licence.

Using the Chapparal 2J is overkill with a capital OVERKILL! ;) At over 1000HP, it's not racing when all the rest of the cars are 130 - 170HP at the most, with the exception of the Renault at 246HP, which is still less than a 1/4 of your HP.

AdamW
smallhorses: when I was trying in the lupo with no tuning, it was always a mini cooper that'd kick my ass...

After a console reset, the first lineup that appears has no Mini Cooper, or Renault present.
Watch out for the Opels though! In a VW Lupo 1.4 '02, unmodified except for an oil change, giving 103HP, I was able to win 3 out of 5 races for 141 A-spec points each, came 2nd in the other 2, but enough to win overall. You will need to qualify 1st to stand any chance.
After that I went back against the same lineup in a used Mazda MX-5 Miata J-Limited (NA,J) '91 without even changing oil, which is putting out 107HP, and after qualifying 1st each time, was able to easily win all 5 races for 139 A-spec points each.

Smallhorses
You misunderstand. :sly:

I'm not saying you shouldn't spend 1.2million Cr on the Chapparal 2J because you can win it for all bronze domestic B-licence tests.

I'm saying it's pointless to waste 1.2million Cr on the Chapparal 2J to use in this championship because you can beat it in the totally unmodified Volkswagen Lupo 1.4 that you can win for the bronzes on domestic B-licence.

Using the Chapparal 2J is overkill with a capital OVERKILL! ;) At over 1000HP, it's not racing when all the rest of the cars are 130 - 170HP at the most, with the exception of the Renault at 246HP, which is still less than a 1/4 of your HP.

Ahh i did misunderstand greatly and i was kind of puzzled why they would give you an amazing car for just getting bronzes on the liscence tests. Personally i dont have any problem with 1pt and B-Speccing the whole game. From the way i see it thats when all the fun begins because there is not pressure to get that next great car or that next gold medal. To each his own i guess :cheers:

Why did you buy the "Ultimate Driving Simulator" then?
If you're going to watch all the races get decimated by overpowered cars, you'd have been better off buying a years subscription to Speedvision and watching someone else do all the racing. You wouldn't even need to bother pressing any buttons then, well, except for the TV remote, assuming you're not too lazy for that! :sly:

To be honest i absolutely suck at racing games unless its Diddy Kong or Mario Kart(I dominate those :sly:). Im perfectly fine with doing things like this because its an escape from reality. That and the sound of the engines on my sound system(and my soon to be steering wheel) make me swoon every time i turn it on. It feels like im there.

EDIT: If it werent for all the beauty of the american Muscle and Supercars id be scared off by all the rice grinders. I personally cant stand Japanese cars unless its a racer like the Minolta or my sole exception for a Japanese street car the Skyline GT-R34j V-Spec II Nur.

Wtf does the Nur mean anyways?

CanfieldOO7
Personally i dont have any problem with 1pt and B-Speccing the whole game. From the way i see it thats when all the fun begins because there is not pressure to get that next great car or that next gold medal. To each his own i guess
Just a slight tip, you will get bored with GT4 quite soon if you continue to A-spec 1 point races. To avoid boredom, select your favorite track/race, and try different cars over and over again, and progress your way in to 200 point races.

CanfieldOO7
Wtf does the Nur mean anyways?

Nur=Nürburgring

I realized it meant Nurburgring but i was curious as to why they added that in there? Was it just so they could throw in another ****ing skyline?

I actually am having quite a ball 1pt all the little races. Its helping me build my skills a little before the expert hall where ill do more point races.

CanfieldOO7
I realized it meant Nurburgring but i was curious as to why they added that in there? Was it just so they could throw in another ****ing skyline?

I actually am having quite a ball 1pt all the little races. Its helping me build my skills a little before the expert hall where ill do more point races.

Hate to say it but racing 1pt races will do very, very little to improve your skills.

If you really want to get better then I have a couple of suggestions that will help.

• Licence tests, aim for gold it will help improve your line and technique no end.
  • On-line Racing - here at GTP we have a number of race series (its not real on-line but it is competative)
  • Watch some of the replays from the good (Division 1) drivers in the OLR series - these guys know how to drive.

Would you also avoid using slang terms for Japanese, 'Japanese' is a terms that can and does cause offence to a good number of members (including myself) and It would be greatly appreciated if you stopped.

As far as the dislike of Japanese cars goes, while each person has a personally preference, I would suggest looking a bit deeper. The Japanese manufacturers have some real gems hidden away, well worth trying.

Mr.OzzyGT
huh? but I know that the series is not too hard for you to win, that you HAVE to get that car right??? 'cause that car is just too much for that series...

LOL and what car did you suggest

Mr.OzzyGT
AC Cars 427 S/C '66 is a nice choice
Its not as extreme a jump as a 2J, but its still a bit of overkill.

Regards

Scaff

CanfieldOO7

No it wasn't, it was more to do with the fact that the R34 was developed a lot at the Nurburgring and for a while held the production car lap record there. As such it deserves a little bit more respect!

David

AdamW
the cars that enter that cup are fairly rubbish; i won it in a slightly tuned VW lupo :).
That's what I used - a plain Lupo (from the early license tests) with weight reduction 1 and NA1 tuning, on S2 tires. It was a lot of fun, but only 66 points per.

OFF TOPIC: But just a quick explanation.

Scaff
Would you also avoid using slang terms for Japanese, 'Japanese' is a terms that can and does cause offence to a good number of members (including myself) and It would be greatly appreciated if you stopped.

I use the term Japanese frequently, but I thought it was the ISO code for it (ISO 3166 A3).

We in Brazil have great appreciation for the Japanese people. Large communities of asian people came to here in the coffee cyle era in 18th century. The Japan football coach is Zico, brazilian, for example. It makes the JPN/Japanese/J team our second preferred in the next world cup as we have a special connection with that country.

Remember the same way that Japanese fans embraced Ayrton Senna, SEGA did it too with Super Monaco GP.

In this site
http://www.crwflags.com/fotw/flags/iso3166.html

You may see that the code is JPN for the A3 format, JP for the 3166 and the number is 392.

If you see me typing Japanese (I always type it in caps), it will be the good way, not the bad way.

The christian conservative pro-war american behaviour. "ahhh you **** commies", "damn chinese", "you Japanese s****s" is not part of a great majority of us. Perhaps the guy didn't knew that Japanese is a pejorative word.

👍

Scaff
LOL and what car did you suggest

Its not as extreme a jump as a 2J, but its still a bit of overkill.

Regards

Scaff

:lol: :lol: :lol: ..very true, but for some reason I felt that Apexyo was asking for a car just to get it over with...it's true I shouldn't have suggested that car anyway...u got me dude :lol:

Ciao.....

CanfieldOO7

the Nur Skyline was a limied edition Skyline (1000 i believe:confused: ) and totally dominated its class with 50 wins straight:sly: . its got an upgraded engine too, and stiffer suspension. its a supercar and PD woulld have to be retarded not to include the Skyline Nur. even though there are over 50 sky's, maybe they should cut them down a little :indiff:

=sam=

Back