world compact series - the AI cheats

So I was doing a race for the World compact cup in the professional events hall when I notice a BMW 120i as opponent. Since I still have to wear down my own 120i I wanted to use it for two of the races that I had already maxed out. When I tried however, GT politely told me that my car does not meet the race regulations. Not because I did not meet the tire regulations, but because the car's length exceeds 4000 mm.

GT has no problem however with the AI running this car in the series.

So what, just bring the Suzuki GSX/R-4 and kick their arses.

Brother Numsey, i can not recall exactly what event, i am sure some else will tell me, You can not use a Cadilac Cien but the AI can. It seems to be a glitch with GT4 that only you have to go by the regulations and not the AI.

Suzuki GXR? Cadillac Cien??? Geez I can take these in a Fiat Panda or Suzuki Wagon R :rolleyes:

Open Addict is correct. You can't use the Cadillac CIEN in the Supercar Festival (Pro Hall) because the Series is limited to "Production Cars", but the AI sneaks one in!

Go figure!

I just checked, and while the AI can also use the VW W12 Nardo Concept in this Series, again, we can't due to the "production car" limitation!

GTsail

Last edited:
I didn't notice that about the production cars limit. Even though I just finished that series. I actually did both these series a couple of times already bot never noticed before. I guess you're right then, just a glitch.

Luckily both events are both relatively easy to obtain.

Brother Numsey -
What car did you end up using in the World Compact Series?

I have used both the Suzuki Kei Works '02 and the Scion XB '03 for 200 points.

And for laughs, a Toyota 7 Race Car '70 (which meets the 4000mm length limitation), and you can lap the field at Tsukuba!

Respectfully,
GTsail

The fastest car i've ever used here is the Tommy Kaira zz-s for laughs, but i never considered the seven.

Economy tires with the max turbo should be fun...

Edit: with no aids

Last edited:
Another series that the AI 'pays the stewards off' is the Japanese Compact Cup (I believe) where they are allowed enter a Scion xB (american brand) but you can't. :grumpy:

The fastest car i've ever used here is the Tommy Kaira zz-s for laughs, but i never considered the seven.

Economy tires with the max turbo should be fun...

Edit: with no aids

That sounds like fun, I might do this sometime, 1100hp on N1's and add the 50hp nitrous in there too for extra laughs. :D

I wonder when you lap the field if you can turn around and try "Hemi Rage" at the cars and make it "7 Rage". :dopey:

Another series that the AI 'pays the stewards off' is the Japanese Compact Cup (I believe) where they are allowed enter a Scion xB (american brand) but you can't. :grumpy:

:lol: Yes!!! I have see this behaviour, on my US GT4 copy.

Anyone that see the 'AI pays the steward off' syndrome on other race, let me know.

Brother Numsey -
What car did you end up using in the World Compact Series?

I have used both the Suzuki Kei Works '02 and the Scion XB '03 for 200 points.

And for laughs, a Toyota 7 Race Car '70 (which meets the 4000mm length limitation), and you can lap the field at Tsukuba!

Respectfully,
GTsail

I finally settled on a Toyota bB 1.52 X version. I managed to get 200 points fairly easy. I also tried the Suzuki Cappuchino but the BMW just drives away never to be caught. The Toyota managed to get me a nice 1000 points though.

The reason for this is because in the NTSC-J and PAL versions it's a Toyota bB.

I guess same is also occurs in Japanese 80's race; a '91 Celica occasionally races in the Japanese 80's race.

BTW, this is my 500th post! :D

Want to own the competition with a stock car? Try the Honda S800! It fits at under 3400mm and dominates its class! This is a prize car, but i don't know where to win it.

Also Im not sure if anyone else noticed this or not but if and ai car hits you you spin but heaven forbid you hit an ai car and its like hittin a brick wall. Also its almost impossible to get the ai to have a 5 sec penalty in the special conditions races

Also Im not sure if anyone else noticed this or not but if and ai car hits you you spin but heaven forbid you hit an ai car and its like hittin a brick wall. Also its almost impossible to get the ai to have a 5 sec penalty in the special conditions races

I think that post belongs in the "GT4 Glitches and Bugs" thread.

Latest Posts

Back