• Total voters

Danny

Code Red
Premium
United Kingdom
Scarfolk
Grim10
Are you kidding?
Ok, to get the basic gist of this series, imagine the following pack racing around Monza, Spa or Le Mans-
  • Ferrari 575 GTC
  • Aston Martin DBR9
  • Ferrari 360 Modena GTC
  • Porsche 911 GT3 RS
  • Saleen S7R
  • Lambourghini Murciealgo (sp?) R-GT
  • Corvette C5R

All have roots clearly grounded in the car they're based on. The structure, configuration and engine capacity of each will be exactly the same as the road going versions. The Lambourghini, for example, has the same 6.2 V12 and tubular steel framework, only gaining aerodynamics kit, a sequential gearbox, Larger brakes, centre hub wheels and a rollcage.

So far, there has been just one deviation from the moves to return to recognisable, production based machines. Maserati attempted to introduce the MC12- a car too extreme to compete on even terms. A token 25 road-going MC12s, with an advanced carbon and Nomex chassis tub and carbonfibre bodywork, will be built each year, for 600,000 euros apiece.
Demands have been made for it to be given an Aerodynamiccly neutral undertray, and a narrower track, before it can compete.

Fair play to the desicion-makers, who told Maserati it was moving the goalposts to far, too quickly.

8783-124958-1.jpg

ferrari_575_gtc_2003_02_m.jpg

Ferrari_360_GTC_2004_0001_medium.jpg

911gt3rs04_01.jpg

saleen-s7r-alms.jpg

murc_vall1.jpg

mini.400021463.jpg

AND PERHAPS

maserati-mc14.JPG

Tuneups I think. Makes for good variety anyway. And the 911 looks the business.

The only way to bring the GT3-RSR and 360GTC up to the level would be to put restrictors on everything else.

And if you wanted variety you could have thrown in a Viper GTS-R or Ferrari 550-GTS or some other things out there. Marcos LM600?

When people say variety, they mean fall-guy cars. Cars to lose to the bigger cars. Anyway, the 911 and 360 would have personal battles of their own. Porsche would win, mind.

**** that should be a kick ass race then?! Although if a Lambo can't beat a Corvette it's might as well just stay ALMS. :rolleyes: That is too bad the Viper isn't in here and competitive too.

Yeah - Im thinking the same as you, whats the point to this thread ( not having a moan there cos they are ace pics ) do we get to choose a car and play top trumps ??

I will go for the 360 Modena

VipFREAK
**** that should be a kick ass race then?! Although if a Lambo can't beat a Corvette it's might as well just stay ALMS. :rolleyes: That is too bad the Viper isn't in here and competitive too.

A GTS spec Corvette is every bit as high tech as the Lamborghini. The regs allow many, many modifications to the original road car.

There are 3 series that run a variety of these cars. No one has all of the cars pictured above though.

ALMS has:
Chevrolet Corvette
Lamborghini Murcielago
Saleen S7R
Porsche 911
Ferrari 360
Dodge Viper

LMES has:
Ferrari 550
Saleen S7R
Dodge Viper
Ferrari 360
Porsche 911

FIA GT has:
Ferrari 550
Ferrari 575
Lister Storm
Saleen S7R
Dodge Viper
Lamborghini Murcielago
Ferrari 360
Porsche 911

The Aston Martin DB9 will be in all three series, and the Maserati MC12 will be in LMES and FIA GT.

Got to go for the Aston Martin, great to see that they will be back in racing and well I am British so Pro-Drive Aston's have to be the choice for me.

All I saw for the DB9 picture was a red cross, so here we go.

Attachments

• 8783-124958-1.jpg
    8783-124958-1.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 8
Yes but it appears as a redcross to me and obviously others. Now I see why it has so many voted, but I stick with my decision. Go Lambo!

And the reason is I am particularly biased towards Lambourghini!

Don't forget. The reason in why Maserati is building road cars of it's new supercar is b/c of the FIA GT's regulations. The FIA GT states that part of the regulations includes one that says the car must have a limited edition road cars of the car entering.

When the CLK-GTR went into the FIA GT, those same regulations made Mercedes build the 25 CLK-GTRs. The roadster however was Mercedes choice.I think Lister was forced to do the same when they entered.

I'd love the DB9 Race Car to win because it looks gorgeous. But I'll go for the Ferrari 575.....as long as it's a Prodrive team car.

Back