World of Speed [PC]: Still waiting on that Beta they've been advertising!

• Thread starter dice1998
  • 64 comments

dice1998

Yo Mamma.
Premium
United States
Vero Beach, FL
dice1998

Slightly Mad Studios & My.com are proud to announce World of Speed – a free-to-compete AAA massively multiplayer online action-racing game which introduces a new level of connected competition to the racing genre. Developed by the award-winning team at Slightly Mad Studios, World of Speed allows players to hop into the driver seat of their favorite cars and race across real world circuits and tracks carved from the streets of real world cities including London, Monaco and Moscow.

World of Speed introduces a new level of connected competition allowing players to team up and compete in an ever-expanding number of gameplay modes where completing team-based objectives determines the victor. Being the first to cross the finish line no longer guarantees your victory; it’s all about the Team! Players can also team up with friends and other players to form Clubs where they can customize their logos, earn access to a Club garage social hub, compete against other clubs, show off in the Airfield Playground and battle in high-stakes races in Territory Wars.

With Slightly Mad Studios behind the wheels World of Speed takes action-styled racing games into a new era by combining AAA HD graphics and visuals with the thrill and intensity of a massively multiplayer online competitive experience. In World of Speed you’ll be able to download the game, log in and compete in all levels of competition without ever spending a penny!

Designed as an evolving online experience, World of Speed will be supported with regular updates and the addition of new cars, tracks, gameplay modes and much more for years to come! Over the coming weeks and months we will reveal more about World of Speed including how you can sign up to participate in the beta so be sure to come back often to stay on top of the latest news and info.

http://worldofspeed.com/

For clarification purposes:
I think it might be worth mentioning that it's also completely different from Project CARS in that WOS is pure arcade racer while pCARS is full on racing simulation.

Think of it how you want but I look at this game and think of it as an evolution of the Project Gotham Racing formula and then some.

Last edited:
This looks like a mix of Forza and Need for Speed and then dubbed with the worst music ever.

I'll most likely try it though, it's free.
Edit-Looked at website/forums and couldn't find car list. Anyone know?

Isn't the whole club/team racing Drive Club's thing? Despite that, I like the idea, would love such a game. However it looks very awful so far. The graphics look terrible compared to what's out and about today. And look at that, another hyper car fest game. :rolleyes: I definitely give it a try if they add in a larger car variety and maybe if the graphics get a bit more finely tuned at release time.

Isn't the whole club/team racing Drive Club's thing? Despite that, I like the idea, would love such a game. However it looks very awful so far. The graphics look terrible compared to what's out and about today. And look at that, another hyper car fest game. :rolleyes: I definitely give it a try if they add in a larger car variety and maybe if the graphics get a bit more finely tuned at release time.

Graphics look fine to me, it's clearly running on the same engine as Project Cars, aswell as using some of the assets from that game. Considering Project Cars is often considered the best looking racer I'm a little baffled as to how you think it's behind on graphics?

It might be the reflections, they appear different to me. Or at least, I need to see some high-definition pictures of this game to compare with some P.C.A.R.S. photos. I don't know, something is clearly different and it makes it took terrible.

It might be the reflections, they appear different to me. Or at least, I need to see some high-definition pictures of this game to compare with some P.C.A.R.S. photos. I don't know, something is clearly different and it makes it took terrible.
It's because they want this game to be played by as many people as possible. They are building WoS in such a way that it should run on everything from the high end PC towers to the every day laptops.

Need for Speed World is what they are going for I think. Burnout style physics with street cars and mostly street racing.

Lets hope it doesn't turn into Need for Speed World :lol:
Some people just want to see the world money burn.

GDdWBQ0.gif

Last edited:
Need for Speed World is what they are going for I think. Burnout style physics with street cars and mostly street racing.
There's a very large difference between hyper cars and street cars.

That's all we've seen so far, but I'm sure there are going to be a lot more street cars in the final game, and as soon as we can release any information, the SMS members on this forum will give you that info.

In terms of car selection, there could be some surprises: I spotted an R34 Skyline in the video wicken posted (1:57).
It's because they want this game to be played by as many people as possible. They are building WoS in such a way that it should run on everything from the high end PC towers to the every day laptops.
If that's true, they ought to make that more clear in the future, because based on the "AAA HD graphics and visuals!" I had already written this off as yet another PC game I can't afford the hardware to play.

Last edited:
In terms of car selection, there could be some surprises: I spotted an R34 Skyline in the video wicken posted (1:57).

If that's true, they ought to make that more clear in the future, because based on the "AAA HD graphics and visuals!" I had already written this off as yet another PC game I can't afford the hardware to play.
It's true mate, it came straight from their community manager.
http://worldofspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?17-System-Req.&p=26&viewfull=1#post26

People are asking how much WoS will suck compared to NFSW and Drew was the community manager for NFSW. He tried to promote NFSW a lot and well, the game went downhill a few patches after Beta (I was part of it :D ). And seeing how he's now working on a game that's extremely similar and having people asking him if it'll suck like World.

Latest Posts

Back