World of tanks business model

• Thread starter Cgb70
  • 7 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
If Sony want to push players towards
MTX which they seem to be wanting to do,then they should look at how World of tanks do their business model. It’s free to play or u can buy various subs which earn u more credits ,xp etc.This seems to work quite well I would say.Does anyone here play WOT and just wanted to know their thoughts on this .
Cheers .

No I don't play it but if it was f2p the **** they're trying to pull would make sense. At least then I would have known up front how it would work and I just wouldn't have installed it.

I'm probably thousands of dollars and a good part of a decade into WOT. Great game, I don't really mind paying $$ for that cause as you mentioned, they do microtransactions right. And it's free to start with, not $90

PS and frankly, I just love tanks so whatever

Last edited:
I played World of Warships, which is a sister game to WOT. I quit the game in disgust over their constant manipulation of their players into grind and MTX. Their greed has destroyed the game imo.
It pains me, to just reuse a phrase, to see GT7 going in a similar direction. I hope it is not too late for PD to change course.

there’s the not insignificant issue of it being a full price game compared to F2P mobile games
That’s why I’m my original post I said it would have been better if was free to play,then the mtx would of made more sense .

Lost Ark is another example of free to play done right .

The thing is, World of Tanks is an awful game, a badly developed MMO with more frustrating elements than fun ones. World of Tanks is also free, so it's kinda not fair to compare the two. Wake me up when Gran Turismo starts selling pay-to-win cars in expensive bundles.

Back