World Premiere of the REAL GT. As Real As It Gets

• Thread starter Mayaman
  • 18 comments

Mayaman

Premium
New video folks.

Made a few changes to the simulator. Tweaked a few motion profiles, color of the projectors to achieve a more realistic color tone, not so over saturated like a video game. Also added new elements from the models themselves. Mirrors and fenders and hood. This is still a WIP so everything still isn't where its supposed to be or the correct size. But even in this prototype stage its amazing the immersion now with being able to see the hood line and mirrors. More updates to come soon. Its getting closer to being what I had originally designed on paper.

I'm glad to link you to the finished REAL GT chassis I've been working on for quite some time now. Thank you to Mark Puc AussieStig for his hard work on this piece.

The simulator and its story can be found at ISR in the link below. I feel its the best simulator out yet.

Enjoy :)

http://www.isrtv.com/motion-simulator/wil-mayaman-tosados-mind-blowing-porsche-motion-rig/

Last edited:
It's an astonishing achievement, congratulations. Anyone who has even dabbled in sim rigs will appreciate just how wonderful a thing this is. I'm uber jealous. Just got to wait for that lottery win before I can build my own. Enjoy it!

It's an astonishing achievement, congratulations. Anyone who has even dabbled in sim rigs will appreciate just how wonderful a thing this is. I'm uber jealous. Just got to wait for that lottery win before I can build my own. Enjoy it!

My main goal is to create simrig equipment for all price points with immersion as the focus. Whether that happens or not is still debatable but I'd like to use my experience building immersion to hopefully start a company and offer products in all price ranges with the focus being immersion first. Thank you for your glowing comments, they are truly appreciated. :)

Well Done! 👍

And ignore the comment about the bumper cam,who needs cockpit in the cockpit to feel more realistic :odd:

LOL yeah, I think its hard for some people to grasp the concept. Its not "bumper cam". Its actually the in cockpit view with the .ini file altered so it removes all the graphical assets, and then its adjusted so that its true to the real cockpit. This is extremely important for immersion as the sound signature from a "bumper" cam or any other cam would be different than a true in the car camera, its a gigantic difference. Probably one of my favorite parts is the rub strips, they feel real.

The warp also is tuned to the drivers eye, so any views from outside the cockpit will naturally be altered, this is natural.

Thanks again for your comment its greatly appreciated. Let me know if anyone has any other questions.

wow.now thats a simulator.very expensive. also in here in the philippines "mayaman" means "rich". congrat in your rig. beautiful setup.

Wow! That is truly a beautiful piece of work. The attention to detail blows me away. Well done sir!

Here I sit thinking I've got an alright piece of kit and then I see this.:crazy::crazy::crazy: Holy cow.

This makes me wanna sell my left butternut for something like this, it is truly a thing of beauty.
Well Done to you sir.
Looking forward to more details around this and wishing you all the best in your venture to make other sim racers as happy as you are right now with your product.

Back