• Yes

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • No

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters
Portugal
South
HarskGaming96
Hey guys, as I've been absent on PS3 as result it has passed away, I decided to create an championship for Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec as an championship of this game never have been before. This championship was inspired from GTP GT2 Championship.

Calendar: (Changes might be made)
1- Laguna Seca Raceway
2- Super Speedway
3- Smokey Mountain
4- Tahiti Maze
5- Rome Circuit
6- Swiss Alps

There will be an combination of asphalt and gravel tracks.

Cars:
Until 300 HP. (If you don't meet those regulations, you will be disqualiffied!)
Dirt Tires must be purchased.
TCS & ASM also can be enabled.

The race must be done in "Free Run" on "Arcade mode" or "Run & Settings" in "My Home". The time must be sent by PM. Do not cut the chicanes! Do the clean lap.

Points System:
Overall

Class

Entry List:

Last edited:
I'm guessing that it is a Time Trial type of competition? As a non tuner and an idiot of sorts who enjoys the game. Could you suggest a car list. Or I'll just drive what you do. I'm not one for picking a car. Because I always pick the wrong one. I don't mind getting beat. But getting beat by a corvette when I'm driving the equivalent of a station wagon is not fun (just an example). I did a lot of this kind of racing in GT4. The cars were always pretty equal.

I'm guessing that it is a Time Trial type of competition? As a non tuner and an idiot of sorts who enjoys the game. Could you suggest a car list. Or I'll just drive what you do. I'm not one for picking a car. Because I always pick the wrong one. I don't mind getting beat. But getting beat by a corvette when I'm driving the equivalent of a station wagon is not fun (just an example). I did a lot of this kind of racing in GT4. The cars were always pretty equal.
It's recommended going with Rally cars since they handle better.... Don't worry, the Corvette won't be on this rally since this championship is for 300 HP cars only. ;)

Yes, it is a time trial type competition. Everybody is free to join in.... No driver slot limit

Unless there are specs I really don't do this stuff. Too much stuff to chance. Somebody always thinks they have the edge (nothing personal). I've done dozens of these type of races in the past from TT's to the enduros. They all feature a set car(s), tunes, hp etc that kept the playing field level. Check out Abud's or Austin343's threads. I even did a Tourist Trophy series 3-4 years back. With just the 300hp limit and dirt tyres it's just too many variables. Just my 2 cents.

Hey guys, as I've been absent on PS3 as result it has passed away, I decided to create an championship for Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec as an championship of this game never have been before. This championship was inspired from GTP GT2 Championship.

Calendar: (Changes might be made)
1- Laguna Seca Raceway
2- Super Speedway
3- Smokey Mountain
4- Tahiti Maze
5- Rome Circuit
6- Swiss Alps

There will be an combination of asphalt and gravel tracks.

Cars:
Until 300 HP. (If you don't meet those regulations, you will be disqualiffied!)
Dirt Tires must be purchased.
TCS & ASM also must be disabled.

The race must be done in "Free Run" on "Arcade mode" or "Run & Settings" in "My Home". The time must be sent by PM. Do not cut the chicanes! Do the clean lap.

Points System:
Overall

Class

Entry List:
I clicked on the poll, yes. But still would like some kind of car list. And I do use TCS sometimes. In the old days it might have been okay to do those kind of rules. But with hardly any people around, turning away those who use those assists might reduce the gene pool even more. My 2 cents.

I clicked on the poll, yes. But still would like some kind of car list. And I do use TCS sometimes. In the old days it might have been okay to do those kind of rules. But with hardly any people around, turning away those who use those assists might reduce the gene pool even more. My 2 cents.
Alright. I'll edit.

Edit: TCS and ASM can now be used.

Okay, let's make this easy for me. Just tell me what car you are using and the stuff on it and I'll get a tune from somewhere. I'm not one for doing all this tinkering. Otherwise, I'll just pass on the series. No hard feelings. I always enjoyed the stuff that ABud and Austin343 did with their races.

Something you need to know is that GT3 does not allow TCS or ASM in dirt tracks (in arcade mode, at least), making the allowance moot except in tarmac courses. ;)

Something you need to know is that GT3 does not allow TCS or ASM in dirt tracks (in arcade mode, at least), making the allowance moot except in tarmac courses. ;)

That doesn't bother me. My concern is that in all the series that I have participated in in the past all gave us a car list with specs that made it easy for me. I don't mind losing. See my past posts in the literally dozens of competitions I done. I enjoy seeing how close I can get to the youngsters. I do not enjoy running my van up against some super car (an example). It is not even fun. I don't tune. I don't do specs. And I would think that it should be no fun for the people who can/are doing it. I've seen it in the past and those series just fade away very quickly.

I would enjoy joining this competition, if I saw heavy signs of determination.

I remember I help a race series for GT3 about four years ago. The GTP WGT3RS. Those were some fun times, but not enough people participated. I would definitely enjoy taking part of this competition and hopefully jump start the WGT3RS up again with many participants. :D

I would enjoy joining this competition, if I saw heavy signs of determination.

I remember I help a race series for GT3 about four years ago. The GTP WGT3RS. Those were some fun times, but not enough people participated. I would definitely enjoy taking part of this competition and hopefully jump start the WGT3RS up again with many participants. :D

How the heck are you these days. :) I do remember you from a few series in the past. I would love to get beat by you. I have switched to MT over the years. Am in the process of doing the Pro GT All Japan series in sim. Might do a brief writeup in the thread. Using the C5R because the JGTC cars literally run away from us.

How the heck are you these days. :) I do remember you from a few series in the past. I would love to get beat by you. I have switched to MT over the years. Am in the process of doing the Pro GT All Japan series in sim. Might do a brief writeup in the thread. Using the C5R because the JGTC cars literally run away from us.
Modelt, it was great to challenge you in the WGT3RS four years ago. I hope this competition does kick in so we can challenge each other yet again.

@Harsk100 When are you planning to shoot the starter's pistol?

Modelt, it was great to challenge you in the WGT3RS four years ago. I hope this competition does kick in so we can challenge each other yet again.

@Harsk100 When are you planning to shoot the starter's pistol?

I'm just waiting for a car to be declared. As a matter of fact I will pull up your old threads to run a race or two. Those were fun!!!!

Last edited:
Attention guys!

Do not forget to send your time in day of Deadline which is day 31! But if you were busy, then you'll have 2 weeks before the next round starts!

I'm having a wonderful time gandering through all the cars I could use for this championship.

If I report all of my duplicate threads, why do I not have any warning posts?

Last edited:
Sorry if this championship does not have any car list but is because that the mode which you have to run is the Time Trial or Run & Settings.

But I'll do an spec testing and then I'll give an car list which you can use.

Latest Posts

Back