World Record Fastest 2nd Place - GT7 - Porsche Cup - Nürburgring Nordschleife - 7:27.482

• Thread starter Bohn101
  • 4 comments
Bohnster
World Record Fastest 2nd Place - GT7 - Porsche Cup - Nürburgring Nordschleife - 7:27.482

After crawling around the interwebs, I thought I should just post my Nordschleife run from Gran Turismo 7's, Menu Book No. 31, Porsche Cup Nürburgring Nordschleife with 650 performance points. Driving the glorious Porsche 911 GT3 (997) '09.

A few things that really should be noted, which adds to the complexity of this run are, firstly, I'm running a full manual gearbox. This means the three pedal with clutch configuration and 6 speed H-shifter, as opposed to paddle shifters or an automatic. No aids, no racing line, no cone markers, no traction control or stability control. Also, the race opponent difficulty is set to maximum.

Here's what you've got to keep in mind, when you see me destroy the first car I pass. I've driven at least 100 miles trying to get 1st place. On more than one occasion, I've been nonchalantly bumped or hit off track. So, instead of simply rage quitting, I thought I should be the aggressor.

I'd like to hear your thoughts, if you've had the "joy" of trying to win this Porsche Cup race.

Porsche.png

Gran Turismo® 7_20220321122218.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20220321104026.jpg

I'm currently struggling with this course! Best I've done was 8th.....
I seem to slide more than you in the corners. Would love to see your setup!

I loved this race and deeply cursed it at the same time. I started it a few times because too many errors happened to me at the beginning.
Then I finished the race relatively easily on 3rd place, so I thought to myself... I can do 1st place too.

I drove a 993... then there were a few attempts where things didn't go so well... and then a race where I had already advanced to first place in the "Hohe Eight" area, with a lot of risk and pressure...
Finally I lost the car in the Gaglenkopf and ended up in 5th place and because I was so extremely frustrated and my concentration was at the end, I threw the car out again in the Hohenrain. I haven't tried again since then.

Back