World series 2023 - Manufacturers Cup. GT3

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Person in number 1 regional is DR A+...??

This suggests to me they PURPOSELY reduced their DR in order to join GT3.

Is this fair or poor sportsmanship?

In my view, it's the latter, considering DR A+ would put them in GT1 (I think)

Seems they couldn't compete with the big boys, so decided to boost their own ego by stomping on the little guys...

Ranking up to DR B seems reasonable during the season, even ranking up to bottom end of DR A at a push.

Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Hi! 👋 I'm the poor sod who got reset to DR D by being driven into by absolute maniacs in the Monza van race just before the season started and I agree the game shouldn't have put me in GT3.

There are 3 types of people in that league:

People who have had their DR reset through losing SR:
The easy fix is to remove the DR resets, linking a sportsmanship rating to a speed one makes no sense. If they made it harder to regain SR there would be no need for the additional punishment and the dirty drivers would be stuck racing against each other.

New players/experienced players who are new to online racing:
This is a difficult one because there could be somebody playing with the skill of Fraga who has never tried sports mode or people who are moving to Gran Turismo from one of the more realistic sims like ACC or GTA V, if they imposed a experience limit of say 100 completed daily races (races quit out of don't count) before you can enter GTWS everybody will have a representative driver rating so all of the lobbies should be fairly competitive. That would also ease the problem with people entering second accounts at all levels.

The slower players who are DR C on merit: This is who GT3 should be for, those 2 changes would make their game experience much better in my opinion, PD should also consider splitting the races between those playing on a controller and steering wheel since the wheels have a significant pace advantage on almost every car/track combination, that would mean all the races would be decided by driver skill.

I think with those 3 changes it would be a lot more enjoyable for everybody playing, I bet PD don't do any of them.

Fair play 🙂
Very much appreciate the explanation (that's me thoroughly told haha)

From my point of view it did look a little shadey.... Now I know better.

Agree with you on several points - linking DR to SR quite unfair. Accidents do happen after all, especially when there's a dirty driver playing billiards on the hairpin and you're caught in the middle

Alt accounts - fine.. for practice and such or whatever, or to play a different region, or maybe to maintain ones DR:SR on the main account, but an account in all 3 leagues of 1 region... Hmm

Maybe mid season promotions/relegation would be workable? In this case, promoted you to GT2 when you reached DR A...

I thoroughly enjoy the game. It's the people who don't seem to want to play fair that spoil it fo me (and others I'm sure)

Back