World Series!!

• Thread starter Saleen Man
  • 5 comments
Baseball Fans!!! There are new World Series Champions!! Congratulations to the Arizona Diamondbacks!!!!
Play-By-Play:
"2-2 here in the bottom of the 9th, bases loaded, 1 out, and Luis Gonzalez steps up to the plate. Here comes the pitch........
AND IT'S HIT INTO SHALLOW CENTER FIELD:eek:do the Yanks have a play......NO!!!! D'BACKS WIN!! D'BACKS WIN!!"
:D:D:D:D:D

Originally posted by Canker
Congrats Arizona!!!! :D
Yeah, it was a real thriller this game. Yankees hit a homerun in the top of the 8th to give them a 2-1 lead. Then in the bottom of the 9th, Mariano Rivera probably lost the game for the Yanks:rolleyes: With no out, and a man on first, some guy bunts to advance the runner, and Rivera tries to get the guy at second,(instead of just the easy out at first):rolleyes: and he throws the ball away to leave 2 men on with still nobody out. Tony Womack steps up, RBI single, ties it at 2. Still 2 men on. Next batter is hit by pitch:eek: That loads the bases! See the first post for the rest;) Wheeww, I'm finished now;)

Originally posted by crb
Wow what a game. This is the best World series I have seen, YAY DIAMONDBACKS!! :D :cheers: :cheers:
It was a great game, wasn't it?? Great series as well:thumbsup:
Not too big of a D'Backs fan, but like them a bit more now. I really like Tony Womack. What a clutch player:thumbsup:

For those of us that watched the game:
When the bases were loaded at the end, isn't it strange how the commentator talked about how Mariano Rivera likes to pitch inside to left handed hitters, which allows for lots of hits into shallow center field, which is why he thought it wasn't a very good idea to bring the infield in??(I hope that made sense):nervous:
Because sure thing, the next pitch was inside, which was hit into shallow center field, just over the fielders heads for the winning run. Hmmm........
Very Strange:odd:

Back