World Soccer Winning Eleven 6 International - PS2 Only

• Thread starter rjensen11
  • 5 comments
Despite its long name, this game is excellent! Please, read on:
`
232740.jpg

Genre:
Sports (Football/Soccer, depending on location)
ESRB: Everyone

Story:
Like most sports games, this doesn't have much of a plotline or anything. Actually, it doesn't have one at all. But for its genre, you can't hold that against it.

Audio:
The Audio in this game is excellent, by far the best I've heard out of any game! Not only are the sounds crisp, but they fit in perfectly with the game. Also, there are multiple languages for commentary, including English, French, Italien, Spanish, and German! The sound effects are perfect, and the crowds are done superbly, the only thing is that like all sports games, some phrases tend to get repeated, but that's expected, because it normally happens in real life, too. The main sound problem they have is when you change the language for voices, the crowds are all still in English, even if the stadium isn't in an english-speaking country.(Or is that just me?)

Gameplay:
Another strong part of this game is its gameplay. Full configuration makes this game perfect for everyone. All buttons can be remapped so there are no conflicts with trying to be universal for all of your games. Also: this game will keep you on the edge of your seat for HOURS at a time, even if you aren't a soccer fan! Players beware, there is one downside to its greatness - after a good time of playing, your thumbs will be more sore than after a close endurance race on GT3!

There are many modes for Single Player, but mostly the four main ones: match, cup, Master League, and training. The Training helps players understand the functions used in the game, and also allows the player to have the field all to him/herself(Meaning their team) and a goalkeeper. This allows the player to practice the moves in a free environment and also allows the user to practice setting up for shots and, hopefully, making the shots.

Replay Value:
The replay value for this game should be divided into two categories: single player and multiplayer

Single Player:
There are so many options for single player that it seems like nobody can ever get the the replay section, but if you do, the more power to you! Replay is excellent for this game on single player. The best way to challenge yourself is to either create your own teams that are not skilled, or use a team like China and go against another like Ireland on the upper difficulties.

Multiplayer:
This game is fun for all types of people playing multiplayer, but they have to be approriatetly handicapped. Assuming the players are responcible with setting up the appropriate handicaps, then this game can and will be entertaining forever.

Graphics:
Graphics are amazing. The weather effects are well done, as well as the fields, which are amazing. When the fields are wet, each step creates a splash. The players are well-skinned as well. Uniforms are well done, and it I have yet to find glitches where the video gets messed up during play.

Load Times:
Another attractive thing about this game is its quick loading. All loads are quick, most probably around 4-5 seconds max. Others are generally quicker. The only down-side is that there's no real opportunity to go to the bathroom while it's loading, because it's just that quick...

Special Features:
I havn't really explored special features yet, so I'll leave that as -- for now.

Summary:
This game is excellent! It has the best phyics I've ever seen for any sports game, and the only times I see anything that looks unrealistic is when a player might walk through another in a video segment after a game or penalty kick.

Rating:

Story: --/--
Audio: 9.5/10
Gameplay: 10/10
Replay: 10/10
Graphics: 9.8/10
Difficulty: 10/10
Tilt: 9/10
Average Percentage: 97.2%

I'd give the game 9/10 for not having the allot of the real player names. But to tell you the truth Winning 11 (Or Pro evo soccer) is probably the best Footie game out there at the moment.

The special features I suppose are to unlock the hidden teams. You get classic versions of England, argentina, germany, brazil etc.

The master leauge mode is like the Gran Turismo mode, you get a team of crap people and you win matches and put transfers for other better players. Allowing you to create your own personal dream team with players all around the world.

Oh and Ireland are a bloody good team, much better than China.

Oh you can save your goals to rub it in to your best mate when he has accidently scored an own goal. :D
Or like me, you tried to cross the ball to an attacker but you actually scored instead. :eek:

Originally posted by Race Idiot
Oh and Ireland are a bloody good team, much better than China.

Oh you can save your goals to rub it in to your best mate when he has accidently scored an own goal. :D
Or like me, you tried to cross the ball to an attacker but you actually scored instead. :eek:

I used those two teams because I found Ireland to be one of the best teams that are normally unlocked, while China sits there as not being so great.

Oh, P.S. Don't you hate it when you try to get the ball before it runs in front of your goal, but you accidentally kick it in? Oh man, that was embarassing!

Originally posted by rjensen11
, P.S. Don't you hate it when you try to get the ball before it runs in front of your goal, but you accidentally kick it in? Oh man, that was embarassing!

Heh, well Keeno_UK knows about own goals. Although you can mess up a defensive header or a clearance that ends up in a goal.

Go get a multitap and 3 othe footie loving mates, then you should be having some real fun.

Have you renamed all the club teams to their real names yet?

London = Arsenal
Aragon (I think) = Man United
Uh can't remember the others.
Just go to that site I showed ya.

Latest Posts

Back