World Tour - Toscana (Ford Focus RC)

  • Thread starter Thread starter suckerv
  • 26 comments
  • 4,130 views
Messages
39
Messages
thetoneindeed
Messages
thetoneindeed
Guys, I need some serious help. For whatever reason, the Toscana course in the World Tour special event is the hardest thing for me to beat. I don't know why this particular course is so difficult; I don't have trouble with dirt courses usually.

Any tips on the best way to complete this? I'm doing it with a DFGT wheel with no assists. I find that having assists on slows the car too much. This is literally one of the last special events I need to complete, so any adive would be great.

Thanks in advance!
 
Put torque at 50/50 and brake balance at 3/10.
I golded this by 4 seconds.
 
Put torque at 50/50 and brake balance at 3/10.
I golded this by 4 seconds.

SOunds good, thank you. Did you have any assists on at all?
 
Put torque at 50/50 and brake balance at 3/10.
I golded this by 4 seconds.

45/55, or 50/50 both work well here. I started with a brake balance strong to the rear, only to realize later that it doesn't take much to get the rear around.

If you want some good videos and advice, I would suggest visiting here:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=201935

Take a look at what W-G-E and Zoky did.(both used 45/55 and 10/7 I believe) Truly impressive stuff.

This was a fun course, I hope you are enjoying it.

Here is a look at their laps:



This video was put together by GT5 member Vagabond. Thanks Vagabond!
 
Last edited:
Did you do it?
 
Guys, I need some serious help. For whatever reason, the Toscana course in the World Tour special event is the hardest thing for me to beat. I don't know why this particular course is so difficult; I don't have trouble with dirt courses usually.

Any tips on the best way to complete this? I'm doing it with a DFGT wheel with no assists. I find that having assists on slows the car too much. This is literally one of the last special events I need to complete, so any adive would be great.

Thanks in advance!

First of all do you mean the tuscan time trial in the Grand tour special events as there is no World tour in GT5 unless it is unlocked after completing the 24hr nurburgring at level 40 which i sure there isnt.

Put torque at 50/50 and brake balance at 3/10.
I golded this by 4 seconds.

And again if this is the Grand tour there is NO facility to change the setting you and others advise, the only settings you can change are Driving options and they are,
1 driving line.
2 traction controll.
3 active steering.
4 ASM.
5 ABS.
 
And again if this is the Grand tour there is NO facility to change the setting you and others advise, the only settings you can change are Driving options and they are,
1 driving line.
2 traction controll.
3 active steering.
4 ASM.
5 ABS.

You need to use the RA function. It is the special menu that can be brought up "in race" by using the dial on the DFGT, or setting up this function on a controller.

You are far from alone in not knowing about this "hidden menu." I assume PD set it up this way to try and sell more DFGT's? Not sure.

Off the top of my head.. you can adjust

1. Traction Control
2. Drivetrain basis (ie AWD 30/70, 50/50 etc)
3. ASM (on or off)
4. ABS
5. Front brake sensitivity
6. Rear brake sensitivity

There might be one or two I am forgetting.

Hopefully as this becomes more common knowledge, it won't be the norm to be corrected when suggesting settings in the RA menu.
 
You need to use the RA function. It is the special menu that can be brought up "in race" by using the dial on the DFGT, or setting up this function on a controller.

You are far from alone in not knowing about this "hidden menu." I assume PD set it up this way to try and sell more DFGT's? Not sure.

Off the top of my head.. you can adjust

1. Traction Control
2. Drivetrain basis (ie AWD 30/70, 50/50 etc)
3. ASM (on or off)
4. ABS
5. Front brake sensitivity
6. Rear brake sensitivity

There might be one or two I am forgetting.

Hopefully as this becomes more common knowledge, it won't be the norm to be corrected when suggesting settings in the RA menu.

Could someone please explain how this is setup on a DSR.
 
Guys, I need some serious help. For whatever reason, the Toscana course in the World Tour special event is the hardest thing for me to beat. I don't know why this particular course is so difficult; I don't have trouble with dirt courses usually.

Any tips on the best way to complete this? I'm doing it with a DFGT wheel with no assists. I find that having assists on slows the car too much. This is literally one of the last special events I need to complete, so any adive would be great.

Thanks in advance!

If the settings suggested by the other folk don't help you, then you'll have to do it the old fasioned way by trying to shave off time. The trick is to be as smooth as possible in the corners just like on a tarmac course. No sliding! It kills your speed.

If you haven't done the Sebastien Loeb Challenge yet, then all this should help you in that too. Hope you get it done.
 
I had lots of trouble with this one and in the end I found doing two things extra got me the gold...

(1) Cut the corners HEAPS
(2) Take the second to last corner - the long left - as fast as possible - there is heaps of time in this corner but you need to get the line exactly right - and don't get on the throttle too early in the last corner!!
 
Once you set 4WD torque to 50/50 and adjust the brake balance this becomes a lot easier. I ran 1'48.8xx in the WRS last week and before that my best was 1'58.xxx. The video of Zoky and W-G-E should help a lot with lines and brake points. Good luck.
 
Once you set 4WD torque to 50/50 and adjust the brake balance this becomes a lot easier. I ran 1'48.8xx in the WRS last week and before that my best was 1'58.xxx. The video of Zoky and W-G-E should help a lot with lines and brake points. Good luck.

Uhh no the only thing it will help to show is that they cut practically every corner and don't stay on the gravel for more than 3 seconds at a time lol.... Are you kidding me? If i go and drive like this i can gold it 1st try, as of now i have silver on this event and will stay silver if i have to disgrace myself and drive like in the video... That's a terrible example

Is this Zoky guy so respected that no one bothers to say anything ? The guy is clearly cutting anything he can, fail.

What a joke.
 
Uhh no the only thing it will help to show is that they cut practically every corner and don't stay on the gravel for more than 3 seconds at a time lol.... Are you kidding me? If i go and drive like this i can gold it 1st try, as of now i have silver on this event and will stay silver if i have to disgrace myself and drive like in the video... That's a terrible example

Is this Zoky guy so respected that no one bothers to say anything ? The guy is clearly cutting anything he can, fail.

What a joke.

I am not sure why you are so aggressively against one of the best drivers in all of GT5. You do realize this is a rally course right? On a rally course everything but the walls is fair game.💡

Just because you might be 10 seconds slower than someone, I don't find that a reason to attack their method. If you want to see Zoky not cut corners, look up his replays in any of the previous weeks of WRS. Those were on Tarmac.. and the times are mind bending.

In fact, I would give you a bit of respect if you could come within a second of any of his times. good luck

Also, you do realize that the WRS is run by the admins of this very site... This is their rules for this competition.
 
Last edited:
Uhh no the only thing it will help to show is that they cut practically every corner and don't stay on the gravel for more than 3 seconds at a time lol.... Are you kidding me? If i go and drive like this i can gold it 1st try, as of now i have silver on this event and will stay silver if i have to disgrace myself and drive like in the video... That's a terrible example

Is this Zoky guy so respected that no one bothers to say anything ? The guy is clearly cutting anything he can, fail.

What a joke.

Do i detect a hint of jealousy, Lighten up mate its a game and an OFF road car made for driving OFF roadracing and cutting corners where possible is the norm.
 
Mark, I think I just realized this topic just got hit by one of the elite trolls of the forums...

Just out of curiosity I looked up Skope's recent posts. Either he is having a bad week, or I am very surprised that he has lasted as a member of gtplanet this long.
A few excerpts:

Look at all of you and your times with Racing Soft tyres on, you should be ashamed.

Why do we need a thread for this? The game has an In-game Car description feature via the garage - Wish people would use it.

BAHAHAHA so now it's established that the even the clock works, is there any other small detail you failtard's want to try and nitpick ?

These are just the three most recent. As you can imagine, these kind of comments can quickly ruin a "positive" discussion. I wonder why someone would ever feel the need or want to post things like this.

Hopefully, this will give some of you a reason to just look past his posts in the future... like I should of from the beginning. I just wanted to get Zoky's back.

I hope the original poster of this topic will return and let us know if this thread helped him out.

Cheers
 
I hope the original poster of this topic will return and let us know if this thread helped him out.

Cheers

Its certainly helped me, this RA function should'nt be so hidden especially for the DSR user. Not everyone wants a wheel for lots of different reasons, and the game should be fair to all types of controller.
 
Its certainly helped me, this RA function should'nt be so hidden especially for the DSR user. Not everyone wants a wheel for lots of different reasons, and the game should be fair to all types of controller.

The RA function is quite helpful with the play of the game. It is unfortunate that more people don't know about. But you do now :) ..
 
I am not sure why you are so aggressively against one of the best drivers in all of GT5. You do realize this is a rally course right? On a rally course everything but the walls is fair game.💡

Just because you might be 10 seconds slower than someone, I don't find that a reason to attack their method. If you want to see Zoky not cut corners, look up his replays in any of the previous weeks of WRS. Those were on Tarmac.. and the times are mind bending.

In fact, I would give you a bit of respect if you could come within a second of any of his times. good luck

Also, you do realize that the WRS is run by the admins of this very site... This is their rules for this competition.

Rofl i realise Zoky is an amazing driver, that's why i asked does everyone have such respect that they don't say anything about this video? But i did expect this over-reaction and "jealousy" claims when you question one of the top. It's typical of people who can't think for themselves.
 
This is my translation to the above:

blah.. blah.. blah.. troll, troll, troll. just making my rounds spreading animosity to any thread I can find
 
Is this Zoky guy so respected that no one bothers to say anything ? The guy is clearly cutting anything he can, fail.

What a joke.

I know redreevos already adressed this but Zoky and W-G-E followed the rules layed out for them by the WRS staff so there was nothing for anyone to say to them. In the competition people have had laps thrown out, including winning times, for breaking rules such as corner cutting or contact but this wasn't one of them as no rules where broken. If you aren't impressed that is fine, no one was trying to impress you, only help you gold the event. Good luck to those who are willing to take the advice given to gold the event.👍

Edit: Since Zoky's driving style is such a joke, I decided to watch the example video in game for Sebastien Loeb Rally on Toscana. He cut just about every corner on the course, just like we did in the WRS. Man, Sebastien Loeb is such a joke, why doesn't anyone say anything to him?
 
Last edited:
I know redreevos already adressed this but Zoky and W-G-E followed the rules layed out for them by the WRS staff so there was nothing for anyone to say to them. In the competition people have had laps thrown out, including winning times, for breaking rules such as corner cutting or contact but this wasn't one of them as no rules where broken. If you aren't impressed that is fine, no one was trying to impress you, only help you gold the event. Good luck to those who are willing to take the advice given to gold the event.👍

Edit: Since Zoky's driving style is such a joke, I decided to watch the example video in game for Sebastien Loeb Rally on Toscana. He cut just about every corner on the course, just like we did in the WRS. Man, Sebastien Loeb is such a joke, why doesn't anyone say anything to him?

Well said Mcfizzle

:cheers:
 
45/55, or 50/50 both work well here. I started with a brake balance strong to the rear, only to realize later that it doesn't take much to get the rear around.

If you want some good videos and advice, I would suggest visiting here:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=201935

Take a look at what W-G-E and Zoky did.(both used 45/55 and 10/7 I believe) Truly impressive stuff.

This was a fun course, I hope you are enjoying it.

Here is a look at their laps:



This video was put together by GT5 member Vagabond. Thanks Vagabond!


I'll be the first to thank you redreevos. My RA settings held even after I ran a silver and a couple restarts. This is awesome, but I vaguely remember last time I tried to adjust RA settings in a special event I had to to it each try. Anyways these exact settings and the racing line in the video= easy gold. (50/50 and 3/10)
 
I think the settings make it easier, but they aren't required for gold. The most important thing is throttle control and understanding that spinning all 4 tires through a turn is not going to make you fast. We all know drifting isn't fast on Tarmac. The same applies to dirt to some extent. Slow in, slight drift to rotate the car and gently apply the throttle to reduce wheelskin on exit.

As for corner cutting, I think that has been settled. Loeb does it. The game allows it. Expert rally drivers do it. The course is open. End of story.

EDIT: Here's a video I just recorded. I ran one test attempt to make sure I was going to get gold. This was my 2nd attempt with the camera on.
All aids off, abs=1, default brake balance and torque distribution.

 
Last edited:
Back