World Touring Car 700 | Le Mans Race Strategy for the New Player

• Thread starter AxiomApex
  • 4 comments
United States
United States
Hey, racers! I wanted to start a series of threads where I post my personal race strategies to some of the campaign events for both new and experienced players. I encourage you to try out my strategy, and comment on where you think I could improve, or your own personal strategies! The strategy below is focused on mitigating fuel consumption, and managing the weather. This build is not meant for victory through sheer straight-line speed, and rather on cornering and consistency. If you are looking for a strategy for that, I recommend you purchase the Suzuki Escudo! Without further ado, here is the strategy:

Vehicle Used: Lexus RC F GT3 '17

Vehicle Tuning Setup: Standard Setup

Engine Restriction: Not Required

Ballast Restriction: 177/200 KG

Tyre Selection: Racing Hard & Racing Intermediate

Race Strategy: One-Stop or Two-Stop Depending on Weather Conditions and Comfort Driving on Fuel Budget and worn tyres. This strategy is based on the assumption that you do not accrue any more than a few seconds in penalties.

Lap 1: Race begins! Start off your race by setting your race fuel map to selection 4. This will ensure that you have a good balance of power on the straights while mitigating a large amount of fuel consumption from the start. Because you start from last place, it is important that you utilize drafting to the best of your ability on this lap. As you pass opponents, try to stay behind them for as long as possible before overtaking them. You should aim for a consistently fast pace on this lap. The average lap time for proper pacing is 4:15.

Lap 2: Continue to chase down the pack. Keep drafting and try to stay as fast as possible without going off track. At this point in the race, the rain will begin to arrive just as lap two is ending. You have to make a decision before the pit lane entrance. Check your weather radar to see if the rain approaching is going to be either a light shower or more of a downpour. Depending on your comfort, you can attempt to complete one more lap on your current slick compound, or you can play it safe and dive into the pits for some intermediates. If you choose to stay out I recommend dropping to fuel map 5 so you can manage your wheelspin with the lower engine power.

Lap 3 (Without A Pitstop): Daring today aren't we? Very well, as mentioned above, place your fuel map on 5, and simply do your best to stay in the driest line possible to mitigate hydroplaning. Complete the lap and pit for intermediates and a full refuel. This is your last scheduled stop.

Lap 3 (With A Pitstop): A wise choice indeed! Once you enter the pit, fit your rain tyres, and complete a full refuel. You're going to need to make a second stop with this strategy, so as soon as you exit the pit set your fuel map to 5. As you leave the pit, most AI will have elected to stay out, so you can make up a ton of places here. Don't fret if you dropped back considerably, your intermediates will make easy work of the water on track.

Lap 4: Continue to chase first place if you have not passed them already. (Pretty good chance you would have on the previous lap, but if you happened to spin or get stuck behind traffic this is the lap to make it happen)

Lap 5: At this point in the race you should have a fairly considerable lead, and the rain should begin to relent. However, do not go back into the pits to swap back to the slick compound. This will slow you down and prove disastrous for your desire to take gold! Stay out on your intermediates, and continue to use fuel map 5.

Lap 6: The rain will have completely subsided by this point, however, be wary of wet spots. You still want to try your best to stay on the dry part of the track. At the end of this lap, you will need to pit in if you are on the second-stop strategy. You can either leave your current tyres on, or switch back to the hard compound. Be sure to give yourself a little surplus of fuel, in case you need to give the engine a push should you come out of the pit lane a little too close to second place for comfort. If you elected to stay out on lap 3, you can drive on to the finish!

Lap 7: This is your final lap of the race. At this time, I am usually about 1 minute ahead of the pack. Give or take some seconds for weather and AI inconsistency. Be careful not to get complacent and spin your car.

RACE COMPLETE!

Congrats! Assuming you followed the steps above and didn't drive like a total baboon, you won the race! Well done champ! Collect your $550k ($825k for a clean race bonus), and rinse and repeat. I understand that there are faster methods to earning money, but if you enjoy Le Mans, and have 30 minutes on your hands, this is a total no-brainer!

I hope you have found this guide helpful! I will be looking to create more guides for other events, so if you have any events you'd like me to cover, post a comment! If you think my strategy could be improved, or if you just think it sucks, let me know too! ;-)

Happy Racing,

AxiomApex

Last edited:
Or simply use a fully tooled Jag E Type.It comes well under 700PP and is good for 175 mph on lean.You can run the whole race on fuel map 6 and win easily.As for fuel,you get just short of 5 laps at racing speeds(FM6)and 4 laps on RH tyres,5 if youre careful.The AI start to pit after lap 3 so stay out and come in for tyres and fuel at the end of lap 4.I only use the weather radar to see the extent of the rain,keep an eye on the track water indicator and as it gets to 3/4 full go to inters if the weather is still not clear.

Or simply use a fully tooled Jag E Type.It comes well under 700PP and is good for 175 mph on lean.You can run the whole race on fuel map 6 and win easily.As for fuel,you get just short of 5 laps at racing speeds(FM6)and 4 laps on RH tyres,5 if youre careful.The AI start to pit after lap 3 so stay out and come in for tyres and fuel at the end of lap 4.I only use the weather radar to see the extent of the rain,keep an eye on the track water indicator and as it gets to 3/4 full go to inters if the weather is still not clear.
That works too! That plan would work great for when players can pick up the E-Type from the Legend Dealer. Something to be on the hunt for. I decided on the RC F since it can be bought right away from Brand Central.

Red Bull Jr, max power/minimum weight, IM tires, 1 stop, sit there at the finish line like Danny On The Gas for 2 1/2 minutes at the finish line waiting for the AI to catch up so you don't have to do a seventh lap. IM tires are your friend.

Last edited:
the red bull jr is legit and was my go to car for Le Mans... but was bored of it and wanted to try something different so I like the supra better... its faster but uses more gas and not as great on turns... but I like that its faster... see youtube video below

Last edited:
Back