World's Fastest Convertible: 265.6 MPH Venom GT Spyder

• Thread starter lGNAl
  • 13 comments
Saudi Arabia
Riyadh
l1stPlacel
On March 25, 2016 the Hennessey Venom GT Spyder has set a new world record for open-top sports cars at Naval Air Station Lemoore where Racelogic, the renowned independent speed testing firm, has officially confirmed that a top speed of 265.6 mph (427.3 km/h) was achieved. The record run was certified by Racelogic technical director, Jim Lau, and witnessed by US Navy Commander Darren Fouts, Air Operations Officer. The Venom GT roadster was driven by Brian Smith.

LS engines may as well be the Pratt&Whitney R2800 of our era. I am not a fan of the Venom, given the man behind it. Still nice to watch that power at work.
Man when I read about his problems and some of the posts he made on the 300cforums. But maybe he's now changed in the way he conducts his business and carries himself. I don't know. Has there been any recent shenanigans ?

Man when I read about his problems and some of the posts he made on the 300cforums. But maybe he's now changed in the way he conducts his business and carries himself. I don't know. Has there been any recent shenanigans ?

Not that I've heard of, the last time there were issues with him and the cars his group worked on was when a couple GT-Rs came back with really bad work done to them. I think this was about 2009, I haven't heard anything about the guy building crap since mid to late 2000s really cause I think that happened in 08 (GT-R incident).

None recently. Most of his flack today still comes from Viper owners during the era when the Venoms were being built, thus he still isn't respected at all in the circle.

Most of his work today are mainly performance packages for various cars as well, so there's not much room for him to commit the same problems he had before by ripping parts off customer Vipers for other Vipers he was building.

Not that I've heard of, the last time there were issues with him and the cars his group worked on was when a couple GT-Rs came back with really bad work done to them. I think this was about 2009, I haven't heard anything about the guy building crap since mid to late 2000s really cause I think that happened in 08 (GT-R incident).

None recently. Most of his flack today still comes from Viper owners during the era when the Venoms were being built, thus he still isn't respected at all in the circle.

Most of his work today are mainly performance packages for various cars as well, so there's not much room for him to commit the same problems he had before by ripping parts off customer Vipers for other Vipers he was building.

Someone said he partnered with some people a while ago and they are keeping him in check. It's a shame to see someone with talent 🤬 himself over.

Back