Worn tyres put on during race

United Kingdom
Sheffield
blinkers
Hi.
I would like to know if anyone else is getting issues with worn tyres put on during a race. I had planned a 4 stop race to go - prime, option, option, option. All brand new tyres saved for the race, but for the 3rd stop, a set of used options are put back on. This has happened three times now and twice it was the 'recommended' strategy.
As you can guess this ruins any hope of a good finish as I'm forced to do a 5th stop or limp to end.

Any help would be appreciated.

My understanding from CM's forum is a rule of three bug with tires.....don't have three of the same kind three in a row. Supposedly they are working on a fix.

Recommend you try Option, Prime, Option, Option or similar.

Yeah, I had the same problem today. I signed for Williams for my second season and realised that beating the AI would be a cakewalk, so I saved all my option tyres for a 4 stop race (50% Melbourne) ; option-option-option-option, and started from pole on the primes. However on my third stop they gave me used options, so I pitted immediately after and once again they gave me worn options, I finally pitted for primes (5 stop race :eek: ) and finished a respectable 4th. The sheer amount of bugs in this game is just ludicrous. Worst thing is I think CM don't really care if the game comes out bug ridden, just that they get it out on time and figure they can patch it after at their own leisure.

This is a known issue. I'm not sure why it does that or what causes it as I haven't looked into it that much. It's already happened to me once or twice in my 10 race career.

before the race, if you go to the tyre menu and then race strategy at the bottom, can't you select the tyres to put on at each stop? Might be worth checking this to make sure its not planned from the start that worn tyres are used.

before the race, if you go to the tyre menu and then race strategy at the bottom, can't you select the tyres to put on at each stop? Might be worth checking this to make sure its not planned from the start that worn tyres are used.

You can select which compounds you want, and which laps you want to pit on, but it doesn't allow you to select a specific set of tyres.

You can select which compounds you want, and which laps you want to pit on, but it doesn't allow you to select a specific set of tyres.

Ok, was worth a shot... I don't have time for longer race distances than 20% as I do the whole weekend in one sitting, which means I only pit once (though I did run an aggressive strategy at Hungary which meant I had to pit twice).

I'm not even sure about the sets this year, haven't followed the changes too closely. :) I was guessing. :)

OK, just read through the rules and they are a tad complicated but they do make sense:

Six sets of primes in total and five sets of options in total are available across the weekend, not all at once.

Two sets of primes and one set of options are available on Friday. However, one set of primes has to be given back to Pirelli after FP1, then the other set of primes and the options are given back to Pirelli after FP2.

This leaves four options and four primes from Saturday onwards. However, once again one set of each spec must be given back to Pirelli after FP3.

This leaves three sets of options, and 3 sets of primes which are available qualifying onwards to use as the driver pleases. So my concept of a 4 stop race, all on options was impossible. However, I'm struggling to remember if they gave me worn options on my 3rd stop (shouldn't have happened) or my 4th stop (this would be correct as only 3 are available).

Hope this helps :ouch:

OK, just read through the rules and they are a tad complicated but they do make sense:

Six sets of primes in total and five sets of options in total are available across the weekend, not all at once.

Two sets of primes and one set of options are available on Friday. However, one set of primes has to be given back to Pirelli after FP1, then the other set of primes and the options are given back to Pirelli after FP2.

This leaves four options and four primes from Saturday onwards. However, once again one set of each spec must be given back to Pirelli after FP3.

This leaves three sets of options, and 3 sets of primes which are available qualifying onwards to use as the driver pleases. So my concept of a 4 stop race, all on options was impossible. However, I'm struggling to remember if they gave me worn options on my 3rd stop (shouldn't have happened) or my 4th stop (this would be correct as only 3 are available).

Hope this helps :ouch:

Thanks. :)

Right, so the maximum would be 5 stops if you don't want the used tyres to be put onto your car again. Yet, only 2 of the same type in consecutive stops since the third stop would (thanks to the bug) cause you to get used tyres back onto your car.

GOOD

Start: Prime
1: Option
2: Option
3: Prime
4: Option
5: Prime

BAD

Start: Prime
1: Option
2: Option
3: Option