Worried of Las Vegas Drag Strip....

• Thread starter fabro_s
  • 21 comments
I have 65% of the game done, I have bought alot of cars, I have right now like 450 cars in my garage, and I like to use the Drag Strip alot, its really cool, and the city looks great butttttttttttttttttttttt,,,,,,,,, i cant use Las Vegas Drag Strip in Arcade Mode, I have unlocked all the tracks and the Drag Strip is not in Arcade Mode, Second of all, there is no Photodrive in Las Vegas Drag Strip, I remember seeing Photomode Pics of Las Vegas Drag strip from Polyphony Digital when the track was first seen, and Third of all, is a drag strip and normally you compete with someone else in the Drag strip and I jst realize that you cant have an opponent in the Drag Strip and I remember seeing a video of a nismo 400r against a celica long while ago, and these freaks me out because if I want to test a car against another one too se the difference or whatever I cant do it, what do you think???

And by the way I hope im wrong if anybody having the game that can hava an opponent in the drag and can use photodrive in Lasa Vegas drag strip let me knoww plsssssssss.................... :guilty: :grumpy: 👎 :crazy: :indiff: :ill:

it is i think. in the Japanese and north american version you cant race your garage cars in 2player but it is fixed in the PAL version, so hopefully the drag track will be fixed in the PAL version

Amazing, I've not even thought about this. I haven't played 2 player mode at all because there is no garage mode and no replay saving etc etc we all know the problems so I thought what's the point. But I assumed there would be a 2 player mode in the drage strip since I had seen plenty of screen shots of two cars racing there before the game was released, if that's not possible it's quite a big deal! especially if the 2 player mode is usable in the PAL version

I think too that it's nice to test your cars against a other car, and i hope it's fixed in the PAL version of GT4!

(I know that the PAL version is a Europe version but what does PAL exactly mean?)

HRT427c
it is i think. in the Japanese and north american version you cant race your garage cars in 2player but it is fixed in the PAL version, so hopefully the drag track will be fixed in the PAL version

The american version should also have that fixed, if it's a bug. They have spent over a month working on the NA version. Maybe they were just unable to have both cars and still generate all the data in the drag strip. I was surprised to hear that the convertibles can't compete w/ the top down in races with more than 2 cars due to ps2 limitations, the one car in the drag strip at a time might be just another one of those limitations. pretty sad, if true.
The screenshots and videos w/ 2 cars racing on the drag strip are from a long while ago (October), at that time the files for Gt4 were spread among a handfull of dvds. They probably had problems while adding everything together in November and decided that was the only way to go. again, doesn't really surprise me.

Guys, there are garages in 2player mode for the US version. It has been confirmed countless times. Garages are only available for 2player though, not single player, to prevent you from getting around paying 5 cr. to drive on the tracks in gt mode. I used it to cheat and drive my Auto Union Streamliner without getting any miles on it, then I realized it was awesome, and had to drive it without the split screen and payed the damn five credits.

I am afraid the drag strip is not in arcade mode and 2 player. It really sucks, because sometimes you just want to drag your cars against your friends. Drag racing does not seem as fun as road racing, but its fun for bragging rights. Especially when you can lauch your car better and you have it tuned better than your friends.

i really hate drag racing, but it can be useful sometimes
it would've been nice to have something more then just a time trial 1 in gt mode.
should've made 2 player and maybe some other things....

I did an 8.XX something pass in my 2J with stage 4 turbo. 1000hp is nice, its funny because that thing will get to 185mph in 2nd gear. The turbo lag is horrendous though, and it would probably run faster if the gearing was better. Even with the ratio all the short it still is sluggish off the line.

The 2J should launch nicely, it has 500kg of downforce sitting stationary. :P

Can you supercharge that sucker? It'd be waaay better than turbo'ing it, proper big v8 material.

can you race 2player arcade mode on the test course? good enough drag strip imo, just without the timer at the quarter mile/400m 👍

get a 3d and 4th buddy playing as judges, with stopwatches lol

Latest Posts

Back