Worst AI in the series?

United Kingdom
Corby
Been playing GT League recently and was met with AI that's all over the shot! I've got t-boned several times and been rammed from the back because of late braking, This really quite ruins the experience (especially if you don't have PS plus) of the single player side of things.

I'm starting to believe this could well be THE WORST AI to come out the franchise :mad::ouch:

Do you agree?! :confused:

I find the AI do actually actively try to avoid incidents when racing against them, unlike old GT Games, but that the AI are far more random and make more mistakes, which you could say is actually realistic and therefore good AI. It's debatable really.

Bad AI is when the AI drives on rails, ignoring the player position.

I find the AI to be pretty good in Gr 1, Gr 3 and Gr 4, but it's far too mistake prone and varied in N class BOP Races to be enjoyable for racing.

Not by a long shot. They're somewhat aware of the player and can be pretty competitive under the right circumstances. They also race pretty well with each other, and the fact that they can make mistakes adds a sense of drama... when they're not getting you caught up in their wrecks.

Plus, when they've spun off, they'll park at the side of the track and wait for an opening to get back on. A pretty nice touch, even if it has been in since GT5.

No, In fact, it's good if you compete against the leader, you go ahead, you take yourself to the limit, you make mistakes and it's very fast ... The problem with the AI is that it's just a car, if everyone were like the leader, we would be before the perfect AI

Initially I found the GT League AI to be irritating but after a while of playing it I'm now finding I'm more aware of their quirks and reacting better to them and therefore enjoying the races more.

I find I am always looking out for unpredictability now which makes the races more interesting to me.

It's still got a long way to go, no doubt about that, but much better than the "on rails" AI of old GT games.

As someone said the AI is better in the Custom races and makes fewer mistakes if you prefer that, but you don't get anywhere near as many XP and credits.

Certainly better than the last games. GT6's AI was stuck on train tracks, so it's certainly more advanced than before. The AI in custom races on Professional is much better too. The M6 twins are a good example.
what are the M6 twins?

The AI in GT League rubber band way too much in the Professional Leagues. Somehow after beating the 1st and 2nd F1500T-A only races easily, with low power too, the AI somehow manages to top my best time in the 9th lap and goes faster than normal to prevent me from moving up to 1st place while I was in 3rd. I've already encountered ridiculous rubber banding before in the Professional League and Endurance League races before. It irritates me that I have to keep facing these power boosting AIs, especially in a car that cannot have its Power tuned beyond 100%

I think it's quite funny trying to trigger the rubber banding in them and trying to stretch them far enough so I can watch them in my mirror doing mad things. Not so entertaining if they manage to catch me though. Hooligans!:crazy:

I think PD have tried to make it good by having the AI make mistakes, however I feel that they have overdone that aspect. In terms of the overall AI though, I think it's better than it has been in the past - they don't appear to be on rails anymore!

Back