Worst incident so far

• Thread starter Tekku
  • 13 comments
Sweden
Umeå
I just had to share this because the crash was so severe for so many players. As shown in the clip below we are racing the nations race on the Tokyo Expressway track. I get the start of a lifetime and is filled with immense joy as I pass more than five cars. We approach the first tight corner and everything ahead is looking good; people are braking at the right time and there's enough space between us. Then it suddenly happens: a guy comes at full speed torpedoing everyone ahead. I get hit so hard that EVERYTHING on my car breaks. My transmission is failing, the engine is bust, the steering is pulling to the side. All damage indicators are flashing red. I have to spend the entire first lap crawling forward in the hopes of the car fixing itself as fast as possible, but it doesn't do so until the end of the lap. I decide to continue in order to get a high SR rank but (un)fortunately the server got disconnected.

And btw, everyone in this race was S in sportsmanship, including the crazy torpedo guy.

Polyphony has GOT to get this under control. I'm talking they need a team to view every race and determine any penalities/disqualifications. That has to be the worst incident I've ever seen.

Polyphony has GOT to get this under control. I'm talking they need a team to view every race and determine any penalities/disqualifications. That has to be the worst incident I've ever seen.

after an incident like this his ps4 should delete gts from his storage with no refund:tdown:

the pack was going 3 wide into a hairpin, it was pretty obvious what was going to happen. i would have stayed to the furthest edge lift off the gas early and prepare to brake early expecting everyone to dogpile on the apex.

sorry, but that whole clip looked like everyone was at fault. the dive bomber looked like he was actually panicking late on the brake and cutting to the inside to try and hit less people, but there were already too many people on the inside for no reasonable reason that i can understand.

the pack was going 3 wide into a hairpin, it was pretty obvious what was going to happen. i would have stayed to the furthest edge lift off the gas early and prepare to brake early expecting everyone to dogpile on the apex.

sorry, but that whole clip looked like everyone was at fault. the dive bomber looked like he was actually panicking late on the brake and cutting to the inside to try and hit less people, but there were already too many people on the inside for no reasonable reason that i can understand.

Are you sure you're looking at the diver? Look at the radar at the bottom right, you can see that he travels at the speed of light. Anyone who has the slightest experience with this track knows that the braking point hits just before the 150 sign.

And while the three leading cars didn't approach the corner perfectly, I believe it would've sorted itself out somehow. It didn't have to end like it did now.

Meh, Tokyo... race there and you get what you're asking for.

Not racing there when it's part of the championship is not an option for me. I've had plenty of clean races on Tokyo before.

Last edited:
Are you sure you're looking at the diver? Look at the radar at the bottom right, you can see that he travels at the speed of light. Anyone who has the slightest experience with this track knows that the braking point hits just before the 150 sign.

And while the three leading cars didn't approach the corner perfectly, I believe it would've sorted itself out somehow. It didn't have to end like it did now.

Not racing there when it's part of the championship is not an option for me. I've had plenty of clean races on Tokyo before.
It only counts 3 of your races so I’m pretty sure it’s an option to not race it or any other

It only counts 3 of your races so I’m pretty sure it’s an option to not race it or any other

Yeah, you have a point. I guess it's just not my style to quit any of these races. Anything can happen on them really; some experiences are good and some are bad.

Last edited:
Yeah, you have a point. I guess it's just not my style to quit any of these races. Anything can happen on them really; some are good and some are bad.
I’m the same way honestly man. Would love to do them all but some I just stay away from. Like that 1 gear car race the other day lol. Didn’t even attemp that one

I’m the same way honestly man. Would love to do them all but some I just stay away from. Like that 1 gear car race the other day lol. Didn’t even attemp that one

Oh, don't remind me of that one. Was the worst race of the season for me. Got last and almost fell asleep behind the wheel. :crazy:

PD is asking way too much from players. This track is seriously difficult and there’s no way an accident free race can be expected here. Do they think people will actually slow down and refrain from trying to win at all costs? To me, this is a headache and not even worth the time and trouble. Give me a break.

I just had to share this because the crash was so severe for so many players. As shown in the clip below we are racing the nations race on the Tokyo Expressway track. I get the start of a lifetime and is filled with immense joy as I pass more than five cars. We approach the first tight corner and everything ahead is looking good; people are braking at the right time and there's enough space between us. Then it suddenly happens: a guy comes at full speed torpedoing everyone ahead. I get hit so hard that EVERYTHING on my car breaks. My transmission is failing, the engine is bust, the steering is pulling to the side. All damage indicators are flashing red. I have to spend the entire first lap crawling forward in the hopes of the car fixing itself as fast as possible, but it doesn't do so until the end of the lap. I decide to continue in order to get a high SR rank but (un)fortunately the server got disconnected.

And btw, everyone in this race was S in sportsmanship, including the crazy torpedo guy.

Hi Tekku I was in this race (im Jestuba, finished second) and this is horrible, I didnt lose any SR but in S class this is unacceptable. Ive got my thoughts after seeing the replay who was guilty, but Im not here to point at someone. I fell to 11st position and overtook, life continues.

Pd: good start btw

Hi Tekku I was in this race (im Jestuba, finished second) and this is horrible, I didnt lose any SR but in S class this is unacceptable. Ive got my thoughts after seeing the replay who was guilty, but Im not here to point at someone. I fell to 11st position and overtook, life continues.

Pd: good start btw

Glad you survived and ended with good results. Sadly I couldn't continue as I was disconnected. :/

Back