Worst level designs in video games?

United States
The US of A
For every good level, theirs always going to be some bad ones and while I made a thread talking about the best level designs, I wanted to make one discussing the exact opposite. Like the other one, it can be levels from platformers, race tracks in racing games, or battlefields in shooter games.

We’ve all seen some we like better than others, so what are the worst you have seen?

Lost Izalith from Dark Souls immediately leaps to my mind. Granted 80% of its awfulness pretty much comes from its boss design, but even then the level itself is nothing to write home about, and checkpoint placement is embodiment of awful.

Last edited:
I thought that one was alright actually, I kind of like it better than the one we got in TCS since it goes faster, but it is harder though.

Bounty Hunter Pursuit in TCS would be my pick personally. One moment you're chasing Zam, the next you're in a box being shot at by turrets and you have to destroy them, then use proton torpedos to destroy everything else, only to rinse and repeat the process again later. The pacing of that level just makes it not very fun to play.

Back