Worst Stuck

  • Thread starter Thread starter buickgnx88
  • 6 comments
  • 707 views

buickgnx88

That Guy Over There
Premium
Messages
5,779
United States
Anoka, MN
Last weekend I was driving around on a nice 50 degree day (in my '89 Jeep Wrangler) and decided to go on the road to my grandparents' camp on Lake Superior. Well it wasn't plowed but the snow looked only to be a few inches deep...course I start going and about 50 feet in it bogs down but I keep going thinking if I kept up my momentum it would keep moving.

Course 50 feet later I find myself stuck with the right front and left rear tires spinning (no locking diffs and lame street tires :ouch:). I then try rocking it back and forth but no luck. I then get out and look at my tracks, it's roughly a foot of wet snow that due to the lower temps, is fairly icy. So I have to walk half a mile to get a phone signal and get a ride back to my grandparents house. I then call a tow truck and eventually get the thing pulled out at a cost of $85, but it was worth it.

So who else has a enticing tail of getting their vehicle stuck?
 
Well, pushing a neighbour's car out of heavy snow, I nearly got my legs taken out below the knees by tread pads...

As for a story, my friend's father's van abruptly stopped in the middle of a highway route; fortunately two buses got into an accident in the same route and all traffic was stopped for two hours. The car started up again, but I don't remember how... it involved a long walk to the next gas station about 2 miles away.
 
When I was younger, my dad would take us on some mild offroading (fire roads and the like) in our '78 Cherokee 4-door (V8, QuadraTrac) whenever we went camping. One time we began tredding down a muddy trail when we reached a large puddle. My cousin Jim got out to poke a stick in the puddle to test its depth, and said "it's okay!"

My dad started moving forward, and SPLOOSH! Into the puddle we went, in a bad way. We couldn't move forward, and we couldn't back out, either. One of my dad's friends came to the rescue in his truck, but also got stuck. The tow truck couldn't make it out until the next morning, so the two SUVs sat in the mud all night.

When we returned, the Jeep had sunk up to the firewall. :lol:
 
I was plowing through a foot of snow this winter in the Civic. A foot of snow. And, of course, I got stuck in the mud. WTH?
 
:lol: That sucks, nothing better than thinking something will be easy to go through, but finding out halfway in that you were dead wrong.
 
Last winter (winter of 2006-2007) I managed to get my car stuck on my father's driveway. Living on a pretty big hill, it was a pain to get up it with anything but AWD, and this time was no different. With about a foot or so of snow on the driveway, I manged to get about 10 yards up the hill, and then proceeded to slide down, off the side of the driveway, partially into a ditch... Nearly missing one of the wood markers so we can spot our driveway.

Needless to say, I spent about two hours shoveling two feet of snow off the sides of the car to be able to back it out, only to then attempt going up the hill again... This time maybe going 10 feet before the bumper just pushed snow and I went nowhere.

So I just decided to scream "F-it!!!" and left it at the bottom of the driveway until I had to go back to class...
 
When I was younger, my dad would take us on some mild offroading (fire roads and the like) in our '78 Cherokee 4-door (V8, QuadraTrac) whenever we went camping. One time we began tredding down a muddy trail when we reached a large puddle. My cousin Jim got out to poke a stick in the puddle to test its depth, and said "it's okay!"

My dad started moving forward, and SPLOOSH! Into the puddle we went, in a bad way. We couldn't move forward, and we couldn't back out, either. One of my dad's friends came to the rescue in his truck, but also got stuck. The tow truck couldn't make it out until the next morning, so the two SUVs sat in the mud all night.

When we returned, the Jeep had sunk up to the firewall. :lol:

From the sound of it, Jim is NOT going to get a job as a tour guide. Or as an inspector for any company that is porducing items in factories outside of developing countries. (no offense or humour intended)

That same winter (2006-2007), I believe my mother's van was also stuck in one-foot snow.
 
Back