Worst tracks of all time

• Thread starter Carbonox
  • 70 comments
Just checked it now and it's looking like a racing venue again. Are they really trying to make it work as a circuit once more?
I'm pretty sure the main Grandstands are in the process of being replaced by offices, and the council wants the others pulled down.

Bathurst/M Panorama - this is purely racing game based, real life racing "can" be exciting. I just don't care for it... only a handful of overtaking spots on long boring straights, people cannot drive for 💩 on the top of the hill, online. Maybe the oversaturation of seeing it in every single racing game since the dawn of time has broken me?

Monza - One of the most overrated tracks on the planet, maybe the universe. The passion of the Tifosi does not carry over to the gaming world. Its a few boring long straights, mixed with carnage at the first chicane. F1 cars look ridiculous bouncing over the curbs too. Same as above, if this shows up in rotation on a game, I will back out and wait for the next one.

I think I am just sick of seeing the same tracks, over and over again... 😄
Suzuka East has entered the chat

Not going with Bathurst. Main races (Supercars + 12h) are very good and support races are often absolutely amazing. If I'll ever have a chance visiting Australia a (rental car or - fingers crossed - trackday) lap of Bathurst + afterwards getting knocked out in those vinyards around (even if I'm not really into wine) is on my bucket list.
Can't understand the critics racing game wise. Maybe I'm too old but I had to wait quiet long for this track to appear in a good form in racing games and I'm absolutely fine with Bathurst, Nordschleife and Spa beeing in every single track based racing game to release eve from now on.

Not going with Bathurst. Main races (Supercars + 12h) are very good and support races are often absolutely amazing. If I'll ever have a chance visiting Australia a (rental car or - fingers crossed - trackday) lap of Bathurst + afterwards getting knocked out in those vinyards around (even if I'm not really into wine) is on my bucket list.
Can't understand the critics racing game wise. Maybe I'm too old but I had to wait quiet long for this track to appear in a good form in racing games and I'm absolutely fine with Bathurst, Nordschleife and Spa beeing in every single track based racing game to release eve from now on.
I’ve been around the track a few times (at road car speed) and it truly is an incredible stretch of road. I’ll say the cliche thing, TV/video games do not give that descent justice.

Side note, you’ll become a wine lover after trying what we have to offer down here.

I'm absolutely fine with Bathurst, Nordschleife and Spa being in every single track based racing game to release eve from now on.
As am I. But that does not change the fact that I dislike racing on the first two.

Watch the support series races at Thruxton and your opinion will change. A Caterham or classic Mini race there will show you what makes Thruxton a proper challenge.

If you want a terrible BTCC circuit, why pick Thruxton when Snetterton exists? The 300 layout changes in 2011 ruined what was a fantastic track and added an infield section not interesting enough to be worth it, and the hairpin-into-90-degree section that Turn 2 became on the shorter layout is just apocalyptically bad.

Why pick Snetterton when Silverstone National exists?
Going against the grain it seems here but I like Snetterton, excellent for spectators and generally good racing, like any track in BTCC at the moment, it has suffered with the switch to hybrid rather than ballast penalties but I like it.

Oulton Park for me is the worst one to watch from a racing perspective.

Oulton Park for me is the worst one to watch from a racing perspective.
Another too-narrow circuit which they've altered over the years to make safer, but ended up making it a bit start-stop. The main overtaking spots now require a street-circuit style brake-late-and-jam-it-down-the-inside block-pass.

The Caesars Palace GP of 1981 and 1982. Let's race in a hotel car park! Great idea! NOT!

Also the US GP at the Phoenix street circuit from 1989 to 1991, when F1 is less popular than ostrich racing, you know something is seriously wrong.
Wasn't sure which thread was more appropriate.

Latest Posts

Back